• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:00:13 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[GPBikes][Track] Mosport

Started by janaucarre, January 17, 2014, 04:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Docfumi

Quote from: PeterV on January 18, 2014, 11:20:11 AM
Quote from: docfumi on January 17, 2014, 04:50:26 PM
Here are some info pics.

GREAT WORK GUYS!
i just did 2 laps it looks and  drives very good but.....
Looking at the photo and seeing the width of the track and then comparing it to the in gameversion, the game version seems to be way to narrow.
In game maybe 3 bikes side by side, on picture easily 6 if not more. Is it me beeing weird?  ::)

No Peter you are not being weird, I´ll admit your a strange guy but that another topic lol. The track will be updated in the future as it is an
older version of the track. I also think the height needs to be checked for two curves.  I like the track so much that I wanted to let everyone have a go on it to get some feedback.  ;D

Thanks and all comments are welcome!
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: PeterV on January 18, 2014, 11:20:11 AM
In game maybe 3 bikes side by side, on picture easily 6 if not more. Is it me beeing weird?  ::)

well I am not sure whether I can invalidate you being weird...:P but the track for me also feels too narrow - otherwise great work!
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

janaucarre

i find the width of this track is 28 feet and i make a 28 feet in the game. If most people find the width not so big i will change.

Warlock

If thats correct , then the scale of the bike is not correct.
Look the with of the track at the distance , is very wide..... maybe is only the corner....

janaucarre

i am afraid to enlarge the track because bump becomes bigger too. I convert hockenheim and after a rescaling new bad bumps appear.

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on January 18, 2014, 03:26:09 PM
i am afraid to enlarge the track because bump becomes bigger too. I convert hockenheim and after a rescaling new bad bumps appear.

Did you freeze the transformations before you rescaled?

janaucarre

i don't understand what you mean by freeze before rescale?
If i freeze all pieces of the scene i cant modify them? no?

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on January 18, 2014, 05:01:50 PM
i don't understand what you mean by freeze before rescale?
If i freeze all pieces of the scene i cant modify them? no?

When you create an object the trans X,Y, Z are not zeroed. Before you scale something, especially if it's made up of more than one object you need to freeze(which sets the transformation values in the object/s to zero and scale to 1, also centre your pivot on the object you want to scale too, otherwise when you scale you will get the verts going all over the place depending on differences in trans values at the time.

janaucarre

i will try your solution but the vertex have all the same structure than before scaling, only little default become bigger and bigger, that's not so big jump so cadwell park. I haven't this problem with mosport track, perhaps its due that the moddeler hasn't smooth it in bob's track builder.
For rescaling i use edition/transformation box, before that i've tried with the axis down the window but as you said the transformation happens in all sens from each gizmo of each pieces.

RBp

Quote from: RBp on January 18, 2014, 08:34:54 AM
Quote from: Arvoss on January 18, 2014, 07:39:16 AM

At the end.. 'A big chicane' ;)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/32f258  files here so you can do it :-*

tryed Bruno early for you, I him asked about this, I found last corner seems fine the left/right hander up the hills bumpy and I crashed. He laughed and said learn to ride, then he said just delete that section of track add a plain put the dots togeather with the grass if it still bumpy mesh smooth the plain, this should work. it one of naks tracks so the max file has no pictures but is all named, use the original map from the game as a work around. should be a 5 minute job.

janaucarre

last night we were 4 on this track and made a 20 laps race, only one man be blocked after a fall, great race.

donhardo

I like this track so much!!! ty!!!

janaucarre

new release in about 30min or 1 hour, the width is modified.
I had a look on google maps and mesured the width at the start line:
Google maps=about 11 meters
My width for gpb = 8.29 meters
It will be more rideable and more fun.
See you soon on this new track, perhaps this night.

janaucarre

janaucarre

January 21, 2014, 02:24:58 PM #29 Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:31:47 PM by janaucarre
First post updated with Version 1.2, that's the Version 1.1 smoothed:

If some are interested to do a good camera set, and/or marshals set, send me a pm and i will add to mosport or other track you made for, thx.

Version 1.2:
https://mega.co.nz/#!op8hkALa!eMY2hlhI34dP4ETwaPRH5HxkTHUnz4vbJxuEmDSGyAM