• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:24:21 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Track IR Support Please.

Started by Klax75, January 10, 2014, 08:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

Track IR support please? Emulate mouse is really tough it doesn't center like normal Track IR input. :/

iVolution

Quote from: Klax75 on January 10, 2014, 08:12:27 AM
Track IR support please? Emulate mouse is really tough it doesn't center like normal Track IR input. :/
With the likely release of the Oculus Rift this year I would rather see support for that sort of hardware. If those VR goggles work properly, i guess nobody is going to use Track IR in the long run anyway since head tracking is already incorporated (and maybe the prices between VR and Track IR don't differ that much)

neoraptor

You may try to retrieve the version 2.2 from Freetrack, which had the trackIR support, because Freetrack is actually supported by GPB. ;)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

Hawk

Quote from: iVolution on January 10, 2014, 12:11:26 PM
Quote from: Klax75 on January 10, 2014, 08:12:27 AM
With the likely release of the Oculus Rift this year I would rather see support for that sort of hardware. If those VR goggles work properly, i guess nobody is going to use Track IR in the long run anyway since head tracking is already incorporated (and maybe the prices between VR and Track IR don't differ that much)

I believe that Occulus rift is going to be around $399 and Track IR5 Pro is approx $231.00, but best to wait for the HD version of Occulus rift before you buy, as I've heard that current version is a little below par visually from what you'd be used to on your monitor. But then the HD version will probably be quite a lot more money than standard version?

But personally speaking head tracking with GP Bikes doesn't work for me, I don't know if it's got something to do with the way the motion works with GP Bikes, but it does give me motion sickness, something I've never suffered from before in my life. Best try before you buy a tracking system. ;)

iVolution

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 10, 2014, 03:39:56 PM
I believe that Occulus rift is going to be around $399 and Track IR5 Pro is approx $231.00, but best to wait for the HD version of Occulus rift before you buy, as I've heard that current version is a little below par visually from what you'd be used to on your monitor. But then the HD version will probably be quite a lot more money than standard version?

But personally speaking head tracking with GP Bikes doesn't work for me, I don't know if it's got something to do with the way the motion works with GP Bikes, but it does give me motion sickness, something I've never suffered from before in my life. Best try before you buy a tracking system. ;)
Current development kits go for $300 and due to an upscaled production process the final version could be around that price as well.

Hear the complaints about motion sickness more often, do not know if I am prone to that since I never really played games with headtracking. Software optimalization seems to be able to solve of lot of those problems. Lets hope PiBoSo is able the optimize the Oculus so that we will be able to fully enjoy GPbikes in VR. Would be a hell of a ride if you ask me.

Klax75

Problem is I've thought of the rift, and I am disabled with limited arm strength it may not seem like a lot. All so being a little person too, makes it even bigger and bulky for me.  For me putting on and off the Rift would be a real chore to do. Even if it is light for someone else it's still awkward for me. Plus I wear glasses, and have a to try and put something over them with out them getting crushed to my face.

Klax75

January 10, 2014, 05:53:36 PM #6 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:56:45 PM by Klax75
Quote from: neoraptor on January 10, 2014, 12:17:08 PM
You may try to retrieve the version 2.2 from Freetrack, which had the trackIR support, because Freetrack is actually supported by GPB. ;)

I just downloaded it and tried it with my Track IR 5 but couldn't figure out how to get it to work, the video it should was a demo video in the program and it keeps crashing. The manual was in French. :/

Seems like it uses a webcam this computer doesn't have one there is a TIR button but doesn't seem to do anything.

neoraptor

Did you found the version 2.2 (the latest one doesn't have the TrackIR support. It has been removed ;)

If this doesn't work and the mouse emulation doesn't work too, you may ask Piboso but I don't know if he has time to implement another tracking system :S
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

Klax75

I found 2.2 but it seems to need a web came or I am doing something wrong. This computer I use for games doesn't have a webcam. Just the TrackIR 5 and ProClip.

Steven

I don't have TrackIR, but maybe this helps:
http://naturalpointofview.blogspot.co.at/p/trackir-cameras-with-freetrack.html
Unfortunately it says there's no TrackIR 5 support.
Here's a thread on the FreeTrack-Forum on how to get the TrackIR 2 cam working.
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=1310
You could just try. The latest version of the OptiTrack SDK seem's to be 1.3.038. I thought of trying this instead of v1.1.0.31 mentioned on the site linked above as well.

This section on wikipedia about FreeTrack sounds interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeTrack#TrackIR_interface
But as far as I understand it's just about the output of FreeTrack (what the game gets) and doesn't help with the problem, that the cam is not recognized.

If you are still interested the English manual for FreeTrack is here:
http://www.free-track.net/fichiers/manuel21en.pdf

I don't know how exactly TrackIR works, but if there were simple IR LEDs like on the self made models for FreeTrack, you could just  buy a cheap webcam and use that and your TrackIR Clip with FreeTrack.