• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:22:35 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes Needs a Ghost/Trainer

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, February 20, 2017, 02:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: matty0l215 on November 11, 2017, 05:57:56 PM
But seriously, MXB has the Trainer so why can't it be implimented in to GPB?

The trainer in KRP and MXB was a little "wink" to the commercial side ( unfortunately MXB has other compromises, but I'm not going to discuss them ).
I'd like to keep GPB and WRS as close to my simulator "vision" as possible.
Nonetheless, I'm becoming less and less adamant about the "no-ghost" policy, and the opinion of hardcore simmers like uberslub is very interesting.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

Quote from: uberslug on November 12, 2017, 12:25:21 AM
Second - Ghost view really isn't any different than Miller following Marquez around Valencia trying to figure out how to get to Marquez's level. Riders have been following each other around for decades trying to learn each other's lines and craft. If implemented properly, a ghost rider would allow us to train effectively in testing mode and would make racing online that much more enjoyable as participants would be more accustomed to riding in close proximity to another rider.
Hmmm not so sure: trainer/ghost has no collision (and, of course, no awareness you're trying to pass him on the inside).
I think it could be a good practice tool: try to outbrake yourself on this or that turn, take a different trajectory here or there, check what a setup change does etc. But to become good at online racing, you have only one thing to do: online race.

Quote from: uberslug on November 12, 2017, 12:25:21 AM
I have only been at this for approximately nine months with barely four months of online shenanigans under my leathers. I have been knocked down more times by other riders in these four months than I have been knocked down during 40 years of bicycle racing.
That's because when you crash in GPB, your knees don't get scratched :)

RaDiCaL

mhh...i have read this and i have to say that i dont understand this.
It's a fact that the Servers are empty and i have to ride with my son alone. What would happen if some modders and riders like manu, blackheart or others
leave this comunity and do other Things? this comunity is very small and i think that the game will die...I mean no one Plays this sim with the original 3 bikes and one track.
So we have to look Forward and improve the game experience and why not with a ghost? so we can try to beat the ghost of other riders instead of racing alone on an empty Server.
I know that piboso is doing a great Job and this Simulation is awesome but without the comunity there is nothing left to bring new Players to this game.
and btw....without 3rd Person there are only some hardcore riders left i think...for me it's much to difficult to ride this in first Person. At least it is a game and i want to relax after work
and have good races with this.

just my two Cents..

matty0l215

I would race online if we could race. I mainly practice ofline then when there is an event i would go online and test for that with other. As there isn't currently any real racing (i know there is the Hotlap event, but even that doesn't work fully because of the timing issue with the live timing)

I would happily give up on the Trainer/Ghost forever if it meant the jump start bug was looked at sooner rather than later. I would happily host a championship even once it is sorted, with fun races in between. Christ, we used to have one or two weekly races with the GPB Open Club (When Nick was running it before he became a Wildman and went to live in the Turnip Fields :P)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

Yeah sorry for not holding any races matty but it just aint worth the agg as all the online issues make it hell and no fun.

Once Mr P updates then I will have them back in full swing

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

KG_03

Since I have started to play online whats about 1month for now I had only few core crashes... What comparing to MotoGP17 is much less problematic.

matty0l215

Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 14, 2017, 07:38:51 AM
Yeah sorry for not holding any races matty but it just aint worth the agg as all the online issues make it hell and no fun.

Once Mr P updates then I will have them back in full swing

DD

Noooo. Not your fault mate :P

Just saying thats what we used to have we the jump start drop wasnt a major issue.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Luponius

Quote from: KG13 on November 14, 2017, 08:20:49 AM
Since I have started to play online whats about 1month for now I had only few core crashes... What comparing to MotoGP17 is much less problematic.

I've been far less than that in online gameplay and I found multiplayer stability quite ok.  Only two issues for me were the massive freeze when someone joins, and the super harsh left, right and center Disq when deploying bike to track.  Other than that, had a semi serious race with someone yesterday and it was a lot of fun - obviously we both crashed like muppets but it kept us on the edge! :P