• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:37:48 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[GPBikes][WIP] Hockenheim 79

Started by janaucarre, January 18, 2014, 09:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

January 18, 2014, 09:07:47 PM Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:57:25 AM by janaucarre
With the permission of the original modder Motorfx

Hello,
I present you the Hockenheim 1979 track.

v2.0 25.02.2014:
https://mega.co.nz/#!co0BgJoT!ME07TFvENaW2DEQ93Dd5uEzpQ1MSP7impA3TSt5IJbk

while it's made from yesterday and until the final version i post a smoothed version, enjoy it.
version 1.1:
https://mega.co.nz/#!AlViFKAZ!cObriUGN2Qqj-lCYqmMyUnM9zDNntS6M1WUeyZrdMEU

version1.0:
https://mega.co.nz/#!llkHQCya!CoYtqiPQIWEaBn7E2t5_FAodaedjfSShEEw6HK7EG24

dibu

January 18, 2014, 09:13:46 PM #1 Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 09:15:45 PM by dibu
Old Hockenheim, great :) Thank you. I loved it much more than the new one. Hockenheim is only 30 minutes from my home. 8)

LauZzZn

January 18, 2014, 09:50:22 PM #2 Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 10:51:05 PM by LauZzZn
nice! will be a good addition to the newer version which ill make :) nearest racetrack for me,too

Arvoss

Janau, are you making 1 track a day or what? :p Do you sleep? :p I'll try this amazing track tomorrow! :D

janaucarre

2 tracks in 2 days, and next will be made with more speed, but i need to learn how to smooth converted tracks for better pleasure. Mosport is really good for this.

janaucarre

Next release will be very more rideable. I smoothed the track and test this night, great grip now, i will retexture the asphalte and starting grid and the probably final version will done.
Really smooth track but the original bump like in real, i guess.

Harrytmj66

Great work man, Is this the track the World Superbikes used in the 90s?

Stout Johnson

Quote from: janaucarre on January 19, 2014, 02:10:14 AM
Next release will be very more rideable. I smoothed the track and test this night, great grip now, i will retexture the asphalte and starting grid and the probably final version will done.
Really smooth track but the original bump like in real, i guess.

sounds good Janau! it is good when the surface overall is very smooth and at the same time the original character of a track with all its bumps is also recognizable :) nice!
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Alby46

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on January 19, 2014, 11:55:58 AM
Great work man, Is this the track the World Superbikes used in the 90s?
i think yes
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

LauZzZn

January 19, 2014, 03:56:49 PM #9 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:31:00 PM by LauZzZn
no,this one is even older. a chicane has been added '88 i think.
Also i think its a bit low poly :/

dibu

Hi janaucarre, very nice track - it brings old feelings back  :)

Here a few things I've remarked
- the track should be wider. Compared to the real thing the track width is too small.
- I get quite low FPS especially in the infield compared to other tracks (WRS)

Quote from: LauZzZn on January 19, 2014, 03:56:49 PM
no,this one is even older. a chicane has been added '88 i think.
Yes a chicane was added at the Ost curve.

janaucarre

January 19, 2014, 04:45:22 PM #11 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 05:15:54 PM by janaucarre
The width at the startline, wich is not the biggest width of this track, is 13,98m, in reality the width is between 9m and 14m, i will enlarge it, but all will be enlarge, trees will be 100m height and people 3m height. Probably the bumps will be higher.
I'll do it probably in 2 or 3 weeks because im on another project build from scratch, don't ask me what is.
For the fps down only one or two solutions: delete many trees and put bad textures. If i'll do this track will appear like a ps1 game.
The next release will be more heavy for the fps because smoothing and new road textures.
Thanks for report.
Tell me how many i must enlarge.
The problem is the bikes size, i mean, because all tracks i have made or convert are to small in this game. For a good feeling on a track i have made 20 m width in 3ds, probably 14m ingame.
I use metric national system in 3ds and at the moment of the export rhe conversion is 0,2503(didn't remember exactly.

dibu

In tracked I see that your width settings are ok. I'm talking about my optical impressions in game compared to what I see in a real car on track. I can't say what makes the difference but as I know this track (old and new) it catched my eye. Without looking at the real data I would say it shoud be about 25% wider to get a realistic impression.

But wait with changes until the situation at mosport is cleared. Thanks for your open ears :) 

janaucarre

while it's made from yesterday and until the final version i post a smoothed version, enjoy it.
version 1.1:

https://mega.co.nz/#!AlViFKAZ!cObriUGN2Qqj-lCYqmMyUnM9zDNntS6M1WUeyZrdMEU

Docfumi

You´re faster than Clint Eastwood  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.