• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:53:00 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Project Realistic Rig

Started by speedfr, December 08, 2017, 02:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furious

Quote from: Chris_Beeves on June 05, 2020, 05:04:09 AM
Quote from: Furious on June 04, 2020, 11:02:27 AMHi there! I'm gonna use this topic to ask a simple, yet important question to Piboso.
Let's say I'm building a simulator intended to be used with full body tracking and direct input steering setting.
If I was to measure the pressure put on the motorcycle pegs of the simulator by the rider, could we use this data as an input to the physics model? Being complementary to the other 'main' inputs? If directsteer mode disables "virtual rider", this should not be hard to implement, am I right?

You would be using it to control the rider lean L/R? Depending on how much weight you put on the pegs ,or what would it do?
IRL it doesn't really do much.

No, I wouldn't. Rider lean L/R and also F/R would be controlled by body tracking. I was asking if weight applied to the pegs is a parameter in simulation. If it is, I could provide that directly to the simulator, avoiding indirect measurement that may happen in simulation.
https://www.keyence.com/ss/products/measure-sys/measurement-selection/basic/method.jsp

I have also seen comparisons, where they present that weight movement on pegs has to little effect compared to gyroscopic forces of wheels.

maggikk22

Your simulator will probably cost 10000€ if you work with Keyence! 😂
I do not know if the weight applied to the pegs is a parameter, but it should be possible (but hard and complex) to compute the real pressure on pegs with other inputs, such as the torque on your rig, and send a single value to the simulation.

Vini

June 06, 2020, 01:50:19 PM #152 Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 01:54:38 PM by Vini
Sending the peg pressure as an "additional parameter" would not make much sense, since it would no longer match the rider's positioning in-game.
Just use the pressure data is input for the manual rider lean.
The analogy of Direct Steer does not really apply because the pressure on the pegs alone is not providing enough data for the game to simulate the rider properly. The game needs to know not only the pressure on the pegs but basically the pressure at any contact point between bike and rider, which is impossible to provide "manually"/externally.