• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:46:55 PM

Racing in your country

Started by Meyer#12, December 21, 2017, 12:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meyer#12

It is sad really with Germany, and yeah i knew about Lausitzring.

Just about 7-10 years ago it was still big with a lot of big riders, teams and IDM was one of the big championships in both Superbike, Supersport and 125GP. Especially the ADAC junior cup on aprilia 125cc and R6 cup was huge classes with many big names! We had a few danish riders who was fighting for the R6 title together with names like Kenan Sofouglu.

Sadly since then, the german championship have just been on a downhill slope and does IDM even exist anymore from 2018 or will it only be superbike?
Meyer#12

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Meyer#12 on December 22, 2017, 08:27:40 AM
It is sad really with Germany, and yeah i knew about Lausitzring.

Just about 7-10 years ago it was still big with a lot of big riders, teams and IDM was one of the big championships in both Superbike, Supersport and 125GP. Especially the ADAC junior cup on aprilia 125cc and R6 cup was huge classes with many big names! We had a few danish riders who was fighting for the R6 title together with names like Kenan Sofouglu.

Sadly since then, the german championship have just been on a downhill slope and does IDM even exist anymore from 2018 or will it only be superbike?

Yeah, 2-wheeled motorsport just got dropped... Today I read the news, that the IDM will recover and a schedule with some big names is there aswell. They just need to broadcast it on TV. Here in germany, we do not even have BSB or Rallyecross, 2 very exciting leagues. Ther german just want to watch his daily dose of trash TV and soccer. On the other hand, nothig is done for the motorsport, so it will always be small.

I will give you an example: over the last 7 years of school, I were in 2 classes and met 3 people, who are interested in motorsports (one of them is my best buddy  ;D )... Some others are interested into cars, but not motorsport. Yeah, the life here is pretty sad  :-\
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Meyer#12

Good news about IDM!

Yeah it is the same here in Denmark. Over my many years in school i never met anyone interested in motorbikes, only a few people interested in cars and one or two who was interested in motorsports of any kind.
Meyer#12