• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:04:34 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta13 - output plugin - ECU status

Started by HornetMaX, January 20, 2018, 05:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Hi Pib,
I find very weird readings of the Engine Brake bit when the engine brake is set to 3 (its max) on the murasama.
The bit is at 1 (so EB doing something) even when I'm on the gas, weird !
Setting EB at 2 seems to give a more reasonable behavior.

TC bit works fine, AW bit too (even if the AW itself is just horrible on high levels: it fires even while leaning a lot ...).

PiBoSo

The ECU simulation needs to be improved and the parameters tuned.

However, there is also a design doubt to clarify: should the ECU status be "active" when the electronics is trying to intervene ( as it is now ), or only when actually doing something?
For example, at the moment when the engine braking is set at 3, it is reported as active even down a straight, because it detects that the throttle should be a little open. Of course, it's not really doing anything, because the throttle is already wide open.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

I'd vote for active = "when actually doing something on top of the rider input". Much easier to understand.

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 23, 2018, 11:37:37 PM
I'd vote for active = "when actually doing something on top of the rider input". Much easier to understand.

+1
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

uberslug