• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:11:25 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[SIGN UP + ENTRY LIST] Moto2 International Cup 2018

Started by Gzehoo, January 23, 2018, 01:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gzehoo

Well, in real Moto2 during 2016 only 6 of 34 riders DIDN'T USE Kalex and nobody had a problem - teams had just taken the best machine for them.

I'm also not a fan of making 'Suter Cup' or whatever would happen during a competition... but hey, it's people's decision. Not my fault they don't want to take other bike. Nobody cared about real Moto2 Kalex Cup, and we can survive with Moto2 Suter Cup. The question is if Suter will make 36 podiums during season or will be stopped by non-Suter riders.

Adalgood

I do not know any competitor who wants another bike that is not the fastest and choose another one just because it's prettier.

I think the problem is not whether everyone chooses the fastest bike. I think the ideal is that all the bikes of the mod have the same physics only with different models. From my experience in other car leagues this is the best solution to see a variety of machines on the track.

Gzehoo

SUTER MMX2 IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!

WHOEVER SWAPPED HIS BIKE TO SUTER - HE SWAPPED, I CAN ACCEPT THAT.

BUT FROM NOW, THERE IS NO POSSIBILITY TO SWAP YOUR BIKE FROM OTHER CONSTRUCTOR TO SUTER.

It means that KYT ADRacing Team is the last team who takes Suter.

adrmelandri

Quote from: Meyer#12 on February 11, 2018, 08:50:56 AM
How about we soon just call this a Suter M2 championship as no one clearly wants to ride anything else?

I find it a little sad to be honest, that people in GPB also go for what is fastest or best instead of the bike they like.. we had the exact same issue back in the days with the SSP600 races, more or less 90% of the field was going with Yamaha until we ended up banning it for the races because we wanted people to ride other bikes too. Gave some pretty good races when people all of a sudden wasn't on the best bike :P

With all due respect, for me it's not only about being fastest or riding the best bike actually but it's about what we feel better about the bikes. after me and my teammates tried the new update and tried every bikes, we talk each other about the bikes also the positives and the negatives. And we finally decided to switch from Kalex to Suter for the bike, not because we see many riders using Suter, but it's pure from ourselves that we feel that we can ride better with Suter.
Cheers !  ;D
Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof.
Life is not a child's play.
https://adrmeisterwerk.wordpress.com/

Meyer#12

I agree that it is up to people themselves, but IRL you don't see a lot of teams change during preseason test because they see the other teams are doing better.

If it was up to me i would like to see more teams IRL on different machines! I am Happy KTM is going to support a few more M2 riders next year and that NTS is getting in there :)
Also most teams went with Kalex as that was more or less the only option after Suter had more or less quitted M2 and KTM and speedup only supported their factory teams.

And i agree with you Adalgood, the way to change this would be to make them similar in physics. But for me it would also be wrong due to peoples different riding style. In real life, for some riders Suter is best, suit their riding, for others Kalex is better suited.
The ideal thing would be most bikes is quite close in time, but suits different riding styles, and because of that some will be fastest with Kalex, orher with Suter, KTM, Speedup or whatever.

The problem is that it is VERY difficult to get working in GPB as you don't have body positioning etc. To play as much around with.

My post was more just about that i think it is sad people spend a lot on time on bikesets where only 1-2 is being used and about we can just as well all change to Suter to make it fair, if 90% is already on it.

Anyways enough from me. Just my opinion of course :)
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Ride fast Suter nerds...

Every one I beat will be as good as a win.  :-* hoho
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Wimp #97

February 11, 2018, 12:26:34 PM #81 Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 12:31:22 PM by Wimp #97
Just like in real life, most people want to be on what they feel is the best bike. In real life that is the Kalex. As it is clear to see that most people run Kalex bikes.

In Gpbikes that bike is the Suter. So we are doing exactly the same as in real life just with a different bike...

Also people act like all the other bikes are bad? Idk why. The difference between bikes are very minor and might even shrink more if we go to different style of tracks compared to the flowing Philip island where I feel the suter has the best base for.
Most people can't even be consistent within 0.5-1second a lap yet they feel to need to pick a bike over another one because its 0.3-0.5seconds faster on a qualifying lap. Doesn't really make too much sense if you look at it.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Davide74

In my case I chose the suter by the aesthetic and without having tried any motorcycle, the kalex I do not like it because it has very high handlebars, the speed up very bad formed by putting some examples.

Manu

February 12, 2018, 03:27:23 PM #83 Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:09:50 PM by Manu
Suter Cup? Why? In the real moto2 championship there is no kalex cup >:(
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Wimp #97

Quote from: Manu on February 12, 2018, 03:27:23 PM
Suter Cup? Why? In the real moto2 championship there is no kalex cup >:(

No idea either... I said the same thing in our discord chat  :-\
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Meyer#12

It was more a joke from my side about the suter cup, not meant that the championship should be split up in 2 champs.
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

@Gzehoo.

Hi mate is it OK for Tchemi to join my team Nicked-IT racing? He does not have a team at the moment. He is happy to swop to a KTM if needed.

Thanks.  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Alex Nogueira

February 13, 2018, 04:50:22 PM #87 Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:52:09 PM by Alex Nogueira
Team Name: Libertas Que Sera Tamen - Racing
Bicycle: KTM

Knight # 1
Nickname: Alex Nogueira
Nationality: BRA
Race number: 22

Gzehoo

Yes, you can still register.

At this moment 45 riders are signed up, so let's say there is a limit of 48 (due to dividing riders into 2 servers and a limit of 24 riders on server).
But on the other hand, we can't be sure if everyone will participate.