• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Classic bikes wish

Started by Seajay 64, January 19, 2014, 10:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seajay 64

Sorry ,  I should  have done a new post for this and not posted into starting and stopping bike engines post

I therefore re submit this under a new post "CLASSIC BIKES WISH".

Coming myself,  from the "PUSH & GO" time of racing, when Mike Hailwood ruled the racing world and you had to "ride" the bike to win a race, I wonder if anyone would be interested in making bikes from the 50's and 60's period  for GP BIKES ?

AJS 7R's, MATCHLESS G50's, 30/40M MANX NORTON's, HONDA 250 6cyl RC 166, and  500cc 4cyl 181's,  MV 3 & 4's, to name but a few, some of the most classic  GP motorcycles of all time.

Then maybe we could have "CLASSIC" racing .

I don't have the know how myself to produce any bikes or tracks,  but maybe one or two of you computer wiz kid's may have the wherewithall to achieve these for us ?

If and when the TT coarse is completed , that and the Ulster GP road racing  track are ideal for those machine's.

Not sure if it would be possible to  "PUSH & GO"  in "GPB", so I suppose sitting upon a "CLASSIC" bike with engine running to start would be better than none at all.

Anyone else with any thoughts like this?

Regards

Seajay

iVolution

Quote from: Seajay on January 19, 2014, 10:40:39 PM
I don't have the know how myself to produce any bikes or tracks,  but maybe one or two of you computer wiz kid's may have the wherewithall to achieve these for us ?

Hi Seajay, I think that it would be a nice addition as a new class to have historic bikes. Although not my preferred type of bike due to the limited lean angle and the fact that I wasn't born when they were popular  ;D they would be something else than currently available.

I only see a few problems with them ever being made by modders here. For starters I think I am not the only one who is too young to really appreciate the oldtimers. Since most wizz kids have been grown up with computers i guess most aren't much older than I am. Secondly, bikes are pretty hard to 3d model, there are at most a few here who have the skill to build a bike from the ground up, and the chance of someone taking up the challenge instead of making something else is therefore pretty slim (there isn't any other game people can get a reference model from) Lastly, the older bikes I think are harder to model with all the metal piping, visible engine blocks, chrome, etc. which does not make it more attractive to do i guess.

Sorry for maybe being a bit negative but i am just trying to be a bit objective about it. I think it won't happen anytime soon as I surely do not have the skill help you out  :-[

Hawk

Seajay. We've commented on each others posts before about classic bikes, so you know I'm a big fan of the classic machines from the mid early 80's, backwards to the very early era's you are talking about.

When I've finished modelling Cadwell Park Circuit, I'll be starting the 1982 Yamaha 500cc YZR OW60/63 Yamaha that Kenny Roberts and Barry Sheene rode in 1982, I'm awaiting the reference material to be able to start that. But I'll hopefully be making more and more bikes and hopefully riders to match the era, and I'll be going from 1985/6 backwards through the 70's and 60's, but don't expect anything soon as I'll be creating them from scratch, and all in my spare time, which isn't much.

The big problem when modelling from scratch is obtaining good reference material to not only to create an accurate model, but to also obtain data to be able to create accurate physics files for the engine and geometry files for the handling of the bike, etc, etc. All VERY difficult to find, especially the further back you go. It all takes time compared to people who rip the 3D bike and track models from games and convert them for use in GP Bikes. So there will be quite a wait before we see anything of the classics.

Given time we'll get there, and be able to hold events from the, "Golden Era", of motorcycle racing. ;D

iVolution

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 20, 2014, 01:16:38 AM
.... I'll be going from 1985/6 backwards through the 70's and 60's, but don't expect anything soon as I'll be creating them from scratch, and all in my spare time, which isn't much.

Given time we'll get there, and be able to hold events from the, "Golden Era", of motorcycle racing. ;D
Looks like you have found your saviour Seajay :D, now the only thing you have to do is be patient.

Seajay 64

Thank you for your replies

I understand the problems and time required to bring this to fruition, and I really do have lots of patience.

Didn't expect it to be done tomorrow, was testing the water to see if any other people had the same sort of thinking.

Anyway many thanks.

Seajay 

_oDi_

in the future i would like to do some old gp bike, such as Agostini MV Agusta....who knows :)