• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:59:02 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Question about .pkz

Started by matty0l215, February 11, 2018, 10:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

A question for Piboso

Could bike sets be packed up into a single .pkz instead of having say 6 different bikes.

E.g. Have one pack that contains the bike .pkz files that can then be put into the bikes folder.

This way bikes wouldn't nessecerly need to have such long names as they would already be in a pack. So it could be "2017 Moto GP.pkz", with only "rcv213_mdl2.pkz" instead of "MotoGP_2017_HONDA_RC213V_MDL2.pkz"

Just a thought :)

Matty
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

Great idea matty, but it might make a problem when it comes to a paint folder for a Kalex and a suter in moto2 for example as you only have one pkz folder but need 1 folder for each bikes paints or ini files. Hope you get what I mean.

The FOLDERS content, takes priority over the pkz file for GPB and is more than just paints, but also ini files for other aspects of info for GPB to a particular bike, not a set of bikes. This would cause confusion of which we have enough already lol.

I know it would be better for your database, but not for actual modding of EACH bike.

Sorry lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

I disagree, on both counts

Folders could still easily be used, Just another sub folder.

GP Bikes/gpbikes/2017 Moto GP/rcv213_mdl2/paints/

And .pkz makes modding much easier, one file to relase our end and once it is packed their is a lot less risk for random file missmatch/corruptiuon (only one files gets moved instead of 20-40 per bike) making it better user end.

doubledragoncc

So GPB can work it out if there is ONE pkz file but FIVE bike folders? I was under the impression that there had to be a pkz file for each bike and a mod folder for paints etc. If what you say is plusible for GPB then +1000 to what you asked and sorry for my misunderstanding the file structure.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

I just want to know if it could be/is possible.