• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:31:37 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

new to the game, any helpful info?

Started by RobinHoodUKIP, February 25, 2018, 08:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinHoodUKIP

hi guys, new here does anyone have any tips or advise on the basics, must have mods or atleast point me in the right direction of useful threads.
just using an xbox controller.
sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, didnt know where best to place it.

DGRGames

Hey, i just add my two cents.

I am also new here and having a lot of fun. I really want to be able to contribute to the community, but thats a long way from here.

Also, is there any "specific" info on the new HS3 ? Or is it done when its done. Are there actually guys playing GPB 13 with HS1-3, outside of the dev team.
Would like to know what is the preferred setup for the long time bikers?

Cheers

KG_03

Heeeey welcome guys :-) Feel free to ask if you have any problems.

few answers:
-HS is made by DoubleDragon and everything about development you can find in custom hardware forum section.
-many of us use game pads (Xbox one in my case) but there are people who play with HS - like TheFREAK, or Double DragonHimself. SpeedFr is curently making his own custom handlebar.
-anyway for good experience game pad is enough - just one thing in here -> In game options menu there is something like "direct steer" slider. The more % you set up the biker will replicate the move of the thumbstick. So if you set it to 100% the biker will move 1:1 as thumbstick what will make it almost unplayable, however if you use steering wheel or handlebar like HS its strongly recomended to use 100%
-every mods you can find in mods sections. Also each mod file must be placed in folders that you have to create by your own.
-because the game is 32bit and some tracks need more RAM make sure to install LAA hack. Its a program that will allow the game use more of the windows resources and prevent the game from core.exe crash
-also when you download a bike make sure to put tyre files into gpbikes/gpbikes/tyres folder. Otherwise the game will crash on the start if you pick up a moded bike.
-dont hesitate to join online races as its the best way to learn and see how to ride. We just have few simple rules: no reverse direction riding on a track, no blocking of the race line (if there is someone faster let him pass), if you crash with someone say sorry and thats all - just like in real life on the track.
-remember that game simulates the real tyre conditions - you need to warm them up, the pressure rizes when the tyre temp rizes, if you go off the track the tyres are dirty and have less grip, the harder you ride the faster the tyres go down.
I think thats all :-)
Ah! and we got a Discord channel :-D

Vini

March 01, 2018, 11:57:23 AM #5 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 12:01:12 PM by Vini
Here is a thread for controller button layouts: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2826.0

Quote from: KG_03 on February 28, 2018, 10:11:16 PMSo if you set it to 100% the biker will move 1:1 as thumbstick what will make it almost unplayable
If you start out with 100% it won't really matter because you will suck anyway in the beginning.
But when you get better, it allows for much quicker corrections (specifically under braking) and you feel the limit and bike much better.
Same thing goes for manual rider lean, learning it once you can already ride a bike in GPB will be a pain in the ass.