• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:18 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Show usernames per server on Server Stats Page

Started by iVolution, January 21, 2014, 12:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iVolution

Although i do not know whether this an easy fix... I really would like to know who is currently online driving in each server. As the servers page does show all the servers and the people in them, I can't see which people are actually in it. As I usually check the servers stats page before starting GPbikes or when I am not at home, I would like to know if I need to get home quickly if I want to race with specific persons. This also holds for when I want to decide whether i need to download a specific track. If I see familiar people riding it I am tempted to do that quicker than when I don't know them.

Warlock

Ingame could be another option. Maybe a popup window when mouse rollover servers, same as meesages shown on buttons.

janaucarre

It's a good idea, knowing who is in a server can help to contact him to know wich bike he is using.

iVolution

Quote from: Warlock on January 21, 2014, 01:42:58 PM
Ingame could be another option. Maybe a popup window when mouse rollover servers, same as meesages shown on buttons.
Yes that would be even better but not a quick fix as it possibly is with changing the server stats page. For it to be ingame we have to wait at least for the next update.

Warlock

HornetMaX

Quote from: iVolution on January 21, 2014, 03:07:23 PM
Quote from: Warlock on January 21, 2014, 01:42:58 PM
Yes that would be even better but not a quick fix as it possibly is with changing the server stats page. For it to be ingame we have to wait at least for the next update.
It's the same for the web page as the server code has probably to be modified to send this extra info, so a new version is needed anyway (the server code is "in" the core.exe we use for the clients).

So I'd prefer in-game only over web-page only. Of course if both can be done then that's top.

Added to wishlist.

MaX.