• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:47:48 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

FIM MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3 2018

Started by speedfr, March 16, 2018, 08:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfr

August 20, 2018, 02:32:47 PM #270 Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:37:57 PM by speedfr
@Poumpouny :

You talk with Maths , i talk with my heart...

And this is not another debate, it's a gentlemen discussion.
I've been following Rossi since the beginning (i'm old i know) and after what maths you've done, last year, Vinales made some success and Rossi only one.
Second thing is the behavior.
By the way he acts, he is blocking the entire Yamaha system.
Remember (or go read it) when talking about a real factory satellite team as Honda and Ducati did for years to help developping improvment. He doesn't want it so Jarvis follows that and they are suffering... Doesn't want the other Yam team to pass him, or getting to close.
Zarco did a lot better than Cruthlow or other fine riders in one year and that probably scared him because he wants to be THE one and reserve the place for his VR46 teammate.
That's why i call him a "Queen" acting.

But don't misunderstand, i was a big Rossi Fan, i have lots of 46 caps or t-shirt and on my car the famous "Io Sto Con Vale" Sticker as well as the t-shirt that was edited for Valencia 2015 where i was for the three days. But at one point, listenning the entire Valencia public yelling at Marquez and claping at Rossi, after a while, it seems strange and not fair.

So yes, to me, and it's not discutable in my mind, it's my opinion no matter what you think or believe, Rossi time is over.

In another sport, we have the same, Nascar, with a guy called Jimmie Johnson, 7 titles, an "old" driver, but still there except all he does is taking young drivers up and helping them to race and develop the car (Chevrolet). Same story but not the same behavior.
When Rossi was a single simple pilot (if i could says so), it was perfect, now he is THE boss and Yamaha (who is a commercial company and i've got a lots of great Yamaha bikes in my life) does whatever the Queen says. You can see the result.

At the same time, if they were listenning to him since the end of last year, they'll be in a much better position today because yes, he is a master of setting bikes and giving the good info to the mechanics. I'm not blaming the pilot but the man outside the track.

Have a good days.

@ Hawk : i'm not sure of understanding what you mean, probably again a language issue, but if it's ironic or sarcastic, i better not understand it, this is the way Internet goes today, throwing things to people, and as i could says in here, i never attacked one guy or behavior. Rossi is a premium pilot, probably the best after Ago except, he is not only riding today, he is getting like the CEO and taking care on his own system. That's what i'm against deeply.

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Hawk

Quote from: speedfr on August 20, 2018, 02:32:47 PM

@ Hawk : i'm not sure of understanding what you mean, probably again a language issue, but if it's ironic or sarcastic, i better not understand it, this is the way Internet goes today, throwing things to people, and as i could says in here, i never attacked one guy or behavior. Rossi is a premium pilot, probably the best after Ago except, he is not only riding today, he is getting like the CEO and taking care on his own system. That's what i'm against deeply.

Hey, no worries mate.... If there was one particular person of whom I was referring to then I would've stated a name; I was reacting from just a general feeling I was getting from reading through what's been said so far about Rossi, so I'm not having any dig at you in particular.  ;) 8)
Also I just want to say that most things I post here in reaction to others opinions are said with a tongue-in-cheek approach(which can sometimes be misunderstood) with a big smile and a big belly laugh so there is no intention of any animosity towards you or indeed anyone else here..... Afterall, it's only someone else's opinion right, that doesn't mean it's gospel truth so it's all took with a pinch of salt. Lol! ;D

All's good here mate. ;D 8)

speedfr

Worst Sunday ever...

How could that be possible in a country where it rains constantly (being there in August for 6 days, 4 days with rains and/or rain suit on...).
They really are this bad on draining water ? What a pity...
I just can't believe it, it's a joke, i'm going to wake up !
The Silverstone Direction Team is that stupid that they didn't pay attention to water draining ? And lauching race cars just after the track was re-surfaced, so it's not better that the year before, all the bumps...

I mean in Qatar, they are not aware and don't have the correct draining, ok, that happens every 10 year but in England, it's every week !!!

Despite that i've notice that my tyres got a lot more down after doing 2000km in England (the right side because of roundabout and the bike being heavy loaded), i guess the roads are made more agressiv compound BECAUSE of the rain and that's a very good floor when wet so British people knows that but not at Silverstone Track.

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

speedfr

Excellent !!!!  ;)

Who wons this one ?  ;D

HornetMaX

It's all the EU's fault, that's very clear :)

Waiting for comments like "Real pilots from X years ago would have raced, and the had no traction control and no airbags".

Gzehoo

Quote from: HornetMaXWaiting for comments like "Real pilots from X years ago would have raced, and the had no traction control and no airbags".

This is what I really hate in many fans living with "old times of Grand Prix".

By the way, it's five years since this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-9aJgwp5WY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amHK1Bz17UU

speedfr

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 26, 2018, 07:12:48 PM

Waiting for comments like "Real pilots from X years ago would have raced, and the had no traction control and no airbags".

Apparently, after an interview, we learned that at the meeting to decide weither they race or not, Miller and Zarco were the only ones who want to go...
Let's go back to Donington Park, great track and let the cars destroy and slide at Silverstone.  ???

Hawk

August 26, 2018, 08:11:24 PM #278 Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 09:50:50 PM by Hawk
Quote from: speedfr on August 26, 2018, 08:00:35 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 26, 2018, 07:12:48 PM

Apparently, after an interview, we learned that at the meeting to decide weither they race or not, Miller and Zarco were the only ones who want to go...
Let's go back to Donington Park, great track and let the cars destroy and slide at Silverstone.  ???

Personally speaking, I think they ruined Silverstone by all the actual track layout alterations they did...... No doubt the result of these bloody health and safety do-gooders.  :P :)
Silverstone was a true classic fast GP track back in the 70's and early 80's.

Donington is a good track, but to be honest I personally don't see it as a great GP circuit? :)

speedfr

Yes, maybe a little bit short for MotoGP but anyway it's not on the minimum security of MotoGP rules. So, they won't go there and remember, its even supposed to be a Wales circuit week-end but this never ending story makes that we go to Silvertsone instead.
Anyway, they did bad, the thing is, they have to rework on the track now before next year while giving back the money to the 85.000+ fans that took rains all day for nothing.  :o

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: speedfr on August 26, 2018, 08:21:03 PM
Yes, maybe a little bit short for MotoGP but anyway it's not on the minimum security of MotoGP rules. So, they won't go there and remember, its even supposed to be a Wales circuit week-end but this never ending story makes that we go to Silvertsone instead.
Anyway, they did bad, the thing is, they have to rework on the track now before next year while giving back the money to the 85.000+ fans that took rains all day for nothing.  :o

You really think, they have to give dack the money  ;D

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

speedfr

They doing it, refunding the tickets but not the rest of the trip and somes guys came from far... Some bike webmagazine were reporting that people are growling on social media after Silverstone Director for the bad surprise this week-end. Bad commercial...
And on the other side, some bad rumours coming about Honda that pushed to not race Monday, then canceling the entire evenement, specially because they had test track this monday in Aragon. And because it keeps the gap between Marquez and his followers, Rossi and Lorenzo at a good distance. "One free race" clearly for them if you look at the Championship side.

Anyway, this story is really bad at every level. Let's think positiv and look at Misano now !

KG_03

Honda? Ive red that Yamaha was also pushing bcs they had tests on wednesday

speedfr

Probably too and anyway, Rossi is second at the points account so no need to risk to loose this second place starting the race way back on the grid, and with both Ducati in first line  ;)
I'm a very bad boy maybe but i'm pretty sure things like that are inside some decisioneer brains.

HornetMaX

Italian newspapers, as always, went out with the theorie du complot, like "Ducati riders were not invited to the decision".
But reading riders' words, they both said it was way better not to race.