• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

FIM MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3 2018

Started by speedfr, March 16, 2018, 08:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guigui404

Quote from: speedfr on May 18, 2018, 06:40:34 PM
I didn't read it but i heard during FP2 that Dovi is finally signed for 2 more years at Ducat'.
Good.
Now it's on the Bowling Pro Striker that the eyes are turned too...  ;D

Something too add about the "Bowling Pro Striker" speedfr ?

speedfr

Quote from: guigui404 on June 18, 2018, 10:55:24 AM
Quote from: speedfr on May 18, 2018, 06:40:34 PM
I didn't read it but i heard during FP2 that Dovi is finally signed for 2 more years at Ducat'.
Good.
Now it's on the Bowling Pro Striker that the eyes are turned too...  ;D

Something too add about the "Bowling Pro Striker" speedfr ?

???
Nothing more than you or others, for the strike, since 2 GP he is ahead so he can't strike anybody  ;D
But don't misunderstand Guigui, we all understood you're big fan of Lorenzo and i'm not the one who has anything against Lorenzo but when he does a strike, like he did, the ones that likes him doesn't accept any word in the bad way...
I'm not pro or against Lorenzo, just go up a few lines and you'll see. When he rides like the two last races, he is the Great Jorge we all knew and except applausing him and crying for the pilot we support, there's nothing else to do.
But i've got my part with Fabio being incredible.
Any other thing ?  :)
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

guigui404

I would totally agree with you if he had strike someone but he couldn't see Pedrosa aswell. Like you said Fabio did amazing job thanksfully for us , we didn't heard our National Anthem since a while

Stout Johnson

Quite an interesting read on why Lorenzo is so fast lately. The article is in german, so I google-translated it below for anybody who likes to read it.
https://www.motorsport-magazin.com/motogp/news-248051-motogp-deshalb-macht-jorge-lorenzo-sein-neuer-tank-so-schnell/

It's always the same factors that determine whether a MotoGP machine is fast or not: a powerful engine, sophisticated aerodynamics, a good frame. A component like the tank is attracting comparatively little attention, and yet it is this who made the fastest rider in the field on the last two race weekends from a struggling Jorge Lorenzo.

How is that possible? The reason lies in the driving style that the Michelin tires demand from the MotoGP riders. In the Bridgestone era, they were able to brake in an angle deep into the curve, the front tire offered even then enough grip, so as not to crash. The Michelin tires have a different characteristic, so they work differently. They offer excellent grip when braking in an upright position, but little grip when braking in an inclined position. As a result, the driver must accomplish virtually the entire deceleration before the machine is turned.
This, in turn, means that there is only a limited amount of time available to brake in, without losing unnecessary milliseconds, hundredths or even tenths of a second. That's why the pilots now take a particularly brave approach to the brakes at this stage, the MotoGP machines' carbon systems provide an incomparable  deceleration. Initially, Lorenzo could not cope with those forces on the Ducati in the long term. After a few laps, he lost his strength, as he explained himself. The new tank - although on a MotoGP bike a dummy-tank, while the tank itself is mostly under the seat - has been laterally widened with additional covers that allow Lorenzo to better resist to withstand the acting forces whilst braking.

Since then, Lorenzo can not only use the good braking behavior of the Ducati when the motorcycle is set up, as in the past over a lap, but over a whole race distance. None of his Desmosedici colleagues can currently brake as hard as Lorenzo, Pramac man Jack Miller explains: "Jorge actually lets the tire collapse all the time, but he feels safe, the rest of us - or especially me - deforms the tires hardly, because I'm used to being thrown in the air if I do that. "

Lorenzo himself confirms the importance of the new tank for him: "We've taken a lot of steps in the right direction over the last few months, we've found the speed, so all we had to do was keep up the pace the last part that was still missing, now I feel comfortable throughout the race, before I had to tear down towards the end, because I was too tired. "

Edit: also interesting, covering similar topic...
https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/899111/1/miller-lorenzo-confident-collapsing-front
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

speedfr

Yessssssssssssss  ;D

I didn't know we had 2 moto3 races today !!!
Great great battle.  :o
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

HornetMaX

How to tell your fellow rider that you didn't exactly like the way he passed you 2 laps before ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6xhDOZAnqI

P.S.
Usual, not-from-this-planet save by MM ...

matty0l215

That was insane!

One if the best races i havd ever seen!! The last couple of seasons in Moto GP have given us some aboslutly amazing racing. You just dont get this on any other top level motorsport
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

poumpouny

Watching F1 after that is somewhat ...... Boring  ;D

uberslug

matty0l215

F1 is a domination sport, one or two teams get the jump on the new regusltion change and then win nearly everything for a few gears until other can catch up.

Make for some really shit racing driving round a track .. :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

speedfr

F1 is not exciting anymore. Anyway since May the 1st of 1994 i can't stand F1.  :(

To me the only car races that remains exciting, meaning with action and suspense, is WEC and Nascar, the one who wins could have been 20th an hour before.
WTCR (old WTCC) is a strike racing (perfect for some).
And F2/F3 doesn't come on TV, at least the channels i have.

KG_03

i like Formula E :-) but some ppl cant stand electric engines and I understand them.
Anyway WEC is fantastic. Whenever I have time I watch it.

speedfr

I tried Formula E cuz it comes on Eurosport.
Yes the electric noise is a little bit "disturbing" but its the way its filmed, you don't get the fight as on a regular track. Intown racing is not as exciting to watch as regular track races. Need space around to feel the fight happening.