• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:07:00 PM

SOUND : GSV-R v1.1

Started by JamoZ, January 23, 2014, 06:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

You are right Max, in all you've said.
R-6 sound was done the bad way with no idea how engine.scl worked, just doing all by ear and trial-error method.
Is different now, cos in these days i've learned how it works and i think i can do something with at least a decent .scl file.

As you mentioned the first thing you need to know is the refpitch as i just posted in the engine.scl post, because all the file depends of this data.
Thats really the problem because i dont have access to real sounds so i have to extract them from youtube videos. And obviously i have no idea what are the rpms of the sound , so some heavy  trial-error again must be done.

Only idles sound can be taken properly from videos, because mostly there are no steady and long enough sounds in higher rpms than can work.
After weeks searching and searching, i decided to try other method, i asked myself where can i found a steady sound,....and well,.... RC planes does some steady sound LOL  ;D.  a 4T RC plane engine with some heavy tuning in a sound editor could do the job. In fact i already tuned it to a decent?  ::)  sound, we'll see....

AS max said, and after i learned how to use the engine.scl , i agree that GPB could have good quality sounds , obviously if we could have good samples.
And as i said all i can do is try to emulate them from other sources ,with less than basic knowledge about sound editing  :P, so this will take really long time. Maybe for GPB v1.5 i could have a really good one LOL  ;D

HornetMaX

Nice Warlock !

I can probably tell you the RPM/Pitch of your samples. Send them to me and I'll have a look.

If it works I'll explain how you can do it: there's some math inside hence I forecast some heads will be spinning ( :P ), but it's not hard and you don't have to understand everything.

Your 4t plane engine was 1 cylinder I guess, right ?

MaX.

C21

MaX.

ACC. To the Video i Presume: Yes.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on January 30, 2014, 11:03:13 AM

MaX.

ACC. To the Video i Presume: Yes.
Doh, silly me :)

MaX.

Warlock

Well, i didnt understood these 2 las coments but nevermind.

This is the engine, yes 1 cylincer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKY3JA8Y4rA

I'll pm you a link to the sample, but the pitch and rpms are probably different from the video one, because of the editing
Thank you, if your system works, could be a great help.

C21

[OT]
How long (in seconds) should a sample be?
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

PeterV

Quote from: Warlock on January 30, 2014, 04:53:02 AM
Only idles sound can be taken properly from videos, because mostly there are no steady and long enough sounds in higher rpms than can work.
After weeks searching and searching, i decided to try other method, i asked myself where can i found a steady sound,....and well,.... RC planes does some steady sound LOL  ;D.  a 4T RC plane engine with some heavy tuning in a sound editor could do the job. In fact i already tuned it to a decent?  ::)  sound, we'll see....

Just a thought,,, Nuovaic (john) has some RC bikes, even 4T, maybe he can deliver some quality engine sounds for you to try?

Warlock

That could be nice for sure, but before i make him work with this, i would like to see how the one i alredy have comes out, if its acceptable we can talk about this, thanks.

Quote from: C21 on January 30, 2014, 06:10:18 PM
[OT]
How long (in seconds) should a sample be?
The longer the better for editing and cut the best part to make it loop. After cutting it is enough with 4 to 8 secs or even less. I personaly dont like to recognize the loop more than twice in , for example, the long straight of monza that takes some time looping the on_high sample. Thats why i tend to do them too long. Probably with good loopable samples more than 3 secs is not necesary.