• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:10:07 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Ride 2

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, June 04, 2016, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfr

@KG_03 :
Konrad, i never played any of this Milestone or Ride series games, not even the bike in The Crew.
I was blcoked in GP500 and then jumped to GPB because the bike games i've seen on console or Pc was looking so horrible but still... Are the races at least fun in this games when playing with friends even if its arcade games ?
If yes, which ones ?
Thank you.
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

KG_03

I buy every motorcycle game since 2008 :-) Not because I like them...its just because I love bikes :-) Of course I miss games like Motorcycle Club or The Crew where motorcycles have unlimited grip and have not much in common with riding.
As for the Milestone games... all of them share similar idea of the games. Similar physics. Ride 2 is one of their best and most enjoyable games. Lots of bikes, nice tracks, decent sounds, some visible bugs but still its fun and not dumb game play. There is good feedback from front tire, you can not just go into corner with hand full of brake. I would say its more simcade but very fun to ride online. Especialy with racing bikes that can be upgraded from normal road bikes. If you have Steam account you can try the game and return if you don't like it. One condition is not to play more than 2h. Other Milestone titles can be forgotten. MotoGP 18 is another worth to try but its physics is pissing me off with unlimited front tire grip and wrong feedback from it.

speedfr

Thanks a lot KG_03.
I have a Steam account, i'm gonna try Ride 2. And see if i enjoy or puke...  ;D

I'll come back to you after.
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

speedfr

Ok, i bought the game for a cheap price (19€ at Instant-Gaming, a Steam key and it works  ;D)

But, then i start the game after setting up my rig, ready, go...
First images, a race, with a R1... keyboard or nothing, i want to go in the menu to set my rig, no escape possible, two ways only : do the race with your keyboard set a US Keyboard or Alt+F4.
I went the second way.
Restart the game, try to look for settings somewhere... can't find it.
KG_03 explained me that's the way it is, you have to do the first race blind with your hands attached and then you can go through menus eventually.
Great...  ;D

I started the game 2 times, i'm allready bothered by Ride2.
How does this guys (Milestone) thinks ?
So i guess before tossing the game to my sons, i'm gonna regive a try, do the f**$%ng first race blind and i'll see.
First time i have a non-Microprose or Piboso bike game, i'm afraid i'm gonna regret that...

doubledragoncc

HI speedy, brilliant work you are doing.

Bu board works in ride only with x360ce in the install folder for ride/ride2

I literally just got internet back after 14WEEKS of hardly any due to virgin techs.

I have a tutorial on my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/v/Ts973LaWCFE&t=368s

Will chat soon

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

Thank you DD ;D (and yes you disappeared, happy to see you again, i almost was wondering what was her name, how cute she was and ...  8) )

I had worked with x360ce when trying to setup my hotas in No Man's Sky for the EDTracker Pro implementation in this game.
And i mean, it's keyboard, Xbox pad or nothing. Great...  :o
And the first race has to be done with one of these otherwise, you don't play the game. How stupid can that be ? Really...
Even if i had a wheel, if its not Direct X input compatible right away, you are $%*ked up !! Nice and intelligent.

Let's try to be positive and give it another try but later.  ;D

KG_03

Sorry to hear that you have a problems with game :-( I feel responsible for that as I recomended the game. I realy enjoyed it and have spend almost 400 hours playing it. I really hope that you will solve the problems with your rig and in the end you will like it as I did...

speedfr

Don't worry KG, its nothing bad, and you don't have to feel responsible in any way.
And if i don't like the game after all, i'll give it to my sons, they are used to play with a pad  ;D
And i got the game for a cheap price so no worries.
My rig is at the "workshop", need to improve different things, big update so i'll go back to Ride2 later on.