• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

CAWS MOD Team - TRACK RELEASE - Oliver's Mount

Started by Grooveski, July 10, 2018, 03:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grooveski

Are other big tracks loading ok?  Donnington, Brands, Nordschliefe...

One thing that may be worth a try is unpacking the track and trying it from a folder.  Was just musing with Matty last week - wondering if archiving tracks made a difference to loading times.
Got as far as musing - didn't get as far as actually timing them to see.   ::)

Y'now I've - twice - had a memory problem that acted very similar to no-LAA.  Only happened at higher addresses - showed up mainly on game loading screens.
...and it turned out to be dirty DIMM connectors.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Grooveski on July 11, 2018, 11:28:52 AM
Are other big tracks loading ok?  Donnington, Brands, Nordschliefe...

One thing that may be worth a try is unpacking the track and trying it from a folder.  Was just musing with Matty last week - wondering if archiving tracks made a difference to loading times.
Got as far as musing - didn't get as far as actually timing them to see.   ::)

Y'now I've - twice - had a memory problem that acted very similar to no-LAA.  Only happened at higher addresses - showed up mainly on game loading screens.
...and it turned out to be dirty DIMM connectors.

Yeah, will check some solutions out later :)

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Grooveski

Thought I'd post up my trainer from laying down the rubber for the groove(1:52.4) in case anyone wanted some company for their early laps.
...the setup used is in there too.

https://mega.nz/#!250QjajI!Q7q1bY9KaXk1HsQ4J3TZa3EtsbgCHWNOmN_a-fN4NrI

Grooveski

Quote from: janaucarre on July 10, 2018, 08:33:00 PM
The guys racing in real life on this road are completely crazy...

Unfortunately no-one's racing there in real life at the moment.   
There were two accidents last year with bikes going over fences and into the crowd. :(

All races so far this year have been cancelled and any news snippet I've seen has had an ominous vibe.  Arguments about whether the work for safety improvements was being done or not - folk not getting refunds for cancelled events - the chairman of the Auto66 club left....

Grooveski

Meant to say....

Big thanks to nuovaic for his field trip with camera and tape measure.  Most of the TSO's are build on the photos(and quite a few are skinned with them too).
...and I'd have been nervous as hell making such a narrow track without real measurements.
Know it was a while ago but your data has been handy as hell.

So yeah - cheers again!   ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Grooveski on July 11, 2018, 12:42:08 PM
Quote from: janaucarre on July 10, 2018, 08:33:00 PM
The guys racing in real life on this road are completely crazy...

Unfortunately no-one's racing there in real life at the moment.   
There were two accidents last year with bikes going over fences and into the crowd. :(

All races so far this year have been cancelled and any news snippet I've seen has had an ominous vibe.  Arguments about whether the work for safety improvements was being done or not - folk not getting refunds for cancelled events - the chairman of the Auto66 club left....

Oh Noooo, I didn't know that! That is sad news Groove. :(

Another classic track/event going down the tubes cause of these safety obsessed do-gooder idiots.... When will they realise that the riders and spectators know the risks and are willing to take the risks.... We have a choice to spectate/race or not.... If they spectate/race and get killed that is tragic but they knew the risks involved(Often used to warn people of the risks on the back of the ticket as a liability waiver), and if they didn't realise the risks then they are fools. :P

Sorry for the rant guys, but I'm just sick and tired of great classic events and tracks either being ruined or dropped due to so called health and safety issues that seem to be a crazy obsession these days in all areas of life..... What are we? A bunch of whining wimps and poofters or what!? >:( ::) :P

Reasonable safety I'm all for, but in reality nothing is 100% safe when your dealing with projectiles crashing at those speeds and energies and it all gets to a point where people are just implementing so called safety facilities for the sake of public consumption and at a detriment to the sport itself. :P

We need to start taking responsibility for our own actions.... We all know the risks involved in attending a motorsport, let's deal with it instead of looking to blame others and seeking compensation for every little thing that goes wrong in our lifes! :P

Grooveski

March 18, 2019, 11:08:06 PM #21 Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:11:43 PM by Grooveski
Updated to V0.2 in first post.

Grooveski

Grooveski

Syd

Nice! Looking more detailed and hedgy :D Its a little more guess work now, entering the left at memorial the hedge blocks view a little, but you soon get used to it.
FPS similar to previous version as well. Good job.

Grooveski

Myst1cPrun3

July 28, 2019, 08:59:31 AM #26 Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 05:31:12 PM by Myst1cPrun3

Good to see OM back in action, and busy too. Footy fields full of cars

On the note of action, is there any for this mod?
Love it in GPB, although it perhaps is a little narrow IRL.....😂

Grooveski

Oops - just seeing your post.  ::)

Yeah, was great to hear it was back on the calendar again. 

No progress here I'm afraid.
...but modding's always been a winter thing for me.  Some night it'll be dark and cold and wet and the mouse'll drift over to the lightwave icon again.
It's the only project on the cards when that happens.   ;)

Project for the summer was my dad's old Blade.  He decided he was done with sports bikes and has been running a KTM Super Adventure for the last couple of years. 
Wasn't about to pass on a free hunk of Mr Honda's finest, even if it needed some TLC.
Fresh bodywork and radiator.  Braided hoses(and the RCS19 off the wee ZXR).  Plugs, filters, fluids some bearings, battery, etc.  Done the valve clearances.  Lots of stripping just to check and grease stuff.....

:)

Myst1cPrun3

Sorry you couldn't be there groove, windows update really pulled a blinder this time.

Best part was when the update failed and in undid the changes, inly to tell me it had been successful at the end. 10/10 Microsoft well done.

Anyway here's my POV of the race, and a few highlights.

Overall, it seems the reception was good, everyone who raced seemed to enjoy it. Ik I did.

Just need to turn down the grip, both in and off track (maybe use TRKASPH3 if that's the name) as man, Meyer did a 1.45..

Overall, considering its still a WIP, was very fun to ride and there was some good action.

Grooveski

December 03, 2019, 02:34:43 AM #29 Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 03:40:45 AM by Grooveski
Damn, done it again.
Read the race thread but only just noticed this - months later.   :-[

Nice vid.   ;D
...and looks like an entertaining race you had.

Feel like I should apologise for memorial on the first lap.  In real life I think cutting across the path would be more forgiving.  Don't know for sure as I don't recall ever seeing anyone doing it but...
Anyway, I'll give it a little tweak so the reaction isn't quite as violent.

Watched this years real races and other areas I noticed that still need work are:
The crest of the right-hander at the esses.  That bump is quite entertaining but it's not there in real life.
The left-hander at the esses still isn't right either(never has been really).
The left at the end of memorial.  Widening it has been on the to-do list forever.   ::)
The join at Farm should be smoother.  It looks ok on the model but in real life it's a much smoother ride - the front shouldn't be tucking like that.  Needs a new extrusion made and blended in.

The rise before Jeffries Jump.  It needs toned down a bawhair I reckon.
...and the rise after the jump needs increased -  back to something more like it was before I got the aerial lidar(which was fantastic for the general shape but still had an inch or so of variance - and an inch is a huge margin when you're talking about bumps and jumps.

Feel free to point out other problems - that's what this thread is for after all.

After watching the gold cup, the new todo list isn't as long as I was expecting.  Three or four new kerbs and some barrier changes when I get round to doing the barriers.

I could tell you the story of how I arranged a split shift on race day and rode back to the house for it.
...but fukit, sever issues happen, I've had to postpone a race or two myself.   ;)

Had a great few laps with Syd the day before the race on your practice server.  A couple of scrappy moments but only because we were finding out what you could get away with and what you couldn't.  On the whole it was good clean fun - pulled off a round-the-outside at Mountside that was at least 50% luck...
...which doesn't stop it from being one of the most entertaining moments I've ever had in a videoame.   ;D

Your vid showed that the startlight position seems to be about right.
...and that the marshalls are pretty enthusiastic.  Perhaps a little too enthusiastic.  Looked like there were times where they were waving for things that were happinging a million miles up the road.
I'll recheck the file but not sure if we have control over that.

By the way - Gzehoo if you read this - Spied your new camera setup and liked it.  :)    If you want to post it up I'll add it to the next update.