• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
April 22, 2019, 07:10:19 pm

News:

GP Bikes beta15b available! :)


GPB known bugs

Started by HornetMaX, January 25, 2014, 03:38:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostdogNL

lot of tracks have to nerrow corners .. and for the nordschleife ..i am a big fan of it ..mostly i`m going there 5 times a year for a spin and i have to say it looks realy simulair in the game ..and i realy enjoy it ..but i noticed that it is very buggy ..the first mile its verry jumpie ..the whole screen is a bit wigley in that part ..and there are some parts and you see that in al lot of other tracks or i think al of the tracks that there are spots in corners you almost have to go straitup or you fall of youre bike...but tracks like the nordschleife must be a 100% ..also becouse its one of the most famous tracks in the world . but next to all mine bitching i still love the game and i`m realy thankfull for the people that a creating all the cool bikes,skins,tracks.

Hawk

Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 24, 2014, 10:56:31 am
Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 09, 2014, 10:43:32 pm
Chain spinning around wildly - bad bug - I only noticed it on the new GSVR by Juju, but others reported it from other bikes too. The GSVR is by far the best bike atm - therefore many ride with it. But watching replays is just a mess with the spinning chain in the rear. Guess this bug could easily be solved...

that annyoing chain bug is also very noticeable with the new GP12... it pretty much ruins every replay :-\


Quote from: HornetMaX on February 09, 2014, 10:55:15 pm
Can somebody post a clear description of this problem happening on the default bikes (125, 500, 990) ?
I've read somewhere it is the case, but ...

we need to do something about it.... anyone who sees this on one of the default bikes, PLEASE post a description and save a replay and screenshot and post it ... Thank you!

@JamoZ: you said, that you could reproduce that error on the Murasama... any news on that?


Hmmm.... I've certainly see this happening in the replays of the GSVR, but never before seen this happen with any of the default bikes.

Klax75

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 07, 2014, 01:35:09 pm
Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 24, 2014, 10:56:31 am
Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 09, 2014, 10:43:32 pm
Chain spinning around wildly - bad bug - I only noticed it on the new GSVR by Juju, but others reported it from other bikes too. The GSVR is by far the best bike atm - therefore many ride with it. But watching replays is just a mess with the spinning chain in the rear. Guess this bug could easily be solved...

that annyoing chain bug is also very noticeable with the new GP12... it pretty much ruins every replay :-\


Quote from: HornetMaX on February 09, 2014, 10:55:15 pm
Can somebody post a clear description of this problem happening on the default bikes (125, 500, 990) ?
I've read somewhere it is the case, but ...

we need to do something about it.... anyone who sees this on one of the default bikes, PLEASE post a description and save a replay and screenshot and post it ... Thank you!

@JamoZ: you said, that you could reproduce that error on the Murasama... any news on that?


Hmmm.... I've certainly see this happening in the replays of the GSVR, but never before seen this happen with any of the default bikes.


I don't know why but for me it's happens 100% of the time with Aprilia RSV4, DucatiGP12, Suzuki-GSVR. I've never seen it happen with a default bike.

Alby46

talking about core.exe crashes... what about disabling aero theme on windows vista/7/8 ecc?
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

GhostdogNL

Quote from: Alby46 on April 10, 2014, 05:10:42 pm
talking about core.exe crashes... what about disabling aero theme on windows vista/7/8 ecc?



what do you mean by that ? :o

tseklias

1.when the rider fells off the bike you can actually change the electronics(maybe thats a left door open so we can turn eb to 0 and counter the previous bug of riderless driving forever ;D)

2.while cornering the rider's knee often gets beneath the ground-this together with some more realistic body movement(meaning not the driving style movement but the overall physics that affect the rider "making" him to move in order to keep stability and orbit) should be top on the list IMO... or is it just me feeling the rider is too rigid, too concrete?
Eat Sleep GpBikes -Socrates

tseklias

3.you shouldn't be able to choose gear with a scooter-neither rev limit it.
4.here's a replay in which if you check before it ends you'll see the riders left hand is moving really weird(i don't know if there's a chance this is a mod bug so...) http://www.mediafire.com/download/3crc4n95bylcp6m/scoobug.rpy
Eat Sleep GpBikes -Socrates

HornetMaX

Quote from: tseklias on December 01, 2014, 07:20:45 am
3.you shouldn't be able to choose gear with a scooter-neither rev limit it.

This is a limitation (not a bug): CVT transmissions are not supported by GPB.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Any chance we can get this thread wiped and restarted?  I know you are probably loathed to revive it Max but if nothing else, the members sanity can be saved by having ONE thread with the outstanding issues listed rather than dotted all throughout the forum. Maybe broke down into physics / Races sections etc

I would volunteer to co-ordinate it but unfortunately in about two months I may be away from here for a while. Also it would be nice to have your unwavering hand on the tiller.  Still, I will do it if needed.

Please. It will be easy for people to look at it and see if their 'drip' is already on it. You never know even PiBoSo might look at it/find it an easy-at-a-glance reference again.

"I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."

doubledragoncc

Great idea Nick. Many important points are getting looked over like double upshifts due to only the wrong figure in cfg files. WE need a concrete place for P to see what MUST be fixed

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls<br /><br /><br /><br />i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1060 OC 6GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

HornetMaX

I can't delete the thread, only and admin can do that (and I've nothing against that).

Having a "Known bugs" thread would be nice, but it would be better if it was managed by and admin (or somebody with some extended rights on the thread), because you're bound to have people cluttering it up (even if trying to help) and you'll have to do some clean-up periodically.

So I'd gladly leave this task to somebody else. Also because I already rank low enough in PiBoSo's preferred users list :)

Napalm Nick

I'm not under any illusion P will even acknowledge it but it will be good for US at least and of course we can live in hope of guest appearances  ;)

Other categories to consider: Modding tools, Server issues blah blah blah.

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 03, 2016, 09:45:51 am
I can't delete the thread, only and admin can do that (and I've nothing against that).

Having a "Known bugs" thread would be nice, but it would be better if it was managed by and admin (or somebody with some extended rights on the thread), because you're bound to have people cluttering it up (even if trying to help) and you'll have to do some clean-up periodically.

So I'd gladly leave this task to somebody else. Also because I already rank low enough in PiBoSo's preferred users list :)


Ah OK understood and agree (not the lowly status bit lol). I will have to think how that can be achieved. Maybe Janu or Walken could offer some advice.
"I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."

Hawk

If this thread is going to be sorted out, my personal advice would be to have one person with admin rights to admin the thread and keep it updated, but most importantly would be to lock the thread so that others cannot fill it with there personal advice and comments on bugs(helpful as they may be), but to supplement the thread by opening another thread for the community to freely comment on the bugs. That way the bug thread would stay clean and organised and would help Piboso to keep track of the bugs we find. Hopefully Piboso would then start to at least acknowledge the findings we make on this main locked bug thread.

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Well I wouldn't raise any hopes there but it will be good for US at least.

Have already thought your thoughts so that's a good sign  8)
"I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."

Napalm Nick

"I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."