• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

[Skin] Barry Sheene Leathers and Helmet + Legends

Started by DaringD, August 19, 2018, 03:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaringD

August 19, 2018, 03:16:51 PM Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 12:09:54 AM by DaringD
After a few days of being rather bored I put together a set of leathers and a Helmet in the style of Barry Sheene.

I haven't copied one exact set of leathers, though I have stayed true to the main design of the Heron/Texaco Era of leathers when he raced with Suzuki, the Helmet is a mixture of his helmets and newer replicas from that same era.

I hope someone enjoys these, I'll release another frew sets in this style without the names and numbers on for people who like the style but don;t dig on having another person's name on their leathers too, probably later or within a few days.

Here is the link for the Helmet  (designed to fit on the Default Helmet)

Link to Barry Sheene Helmet Directory on MEGA

Here is the link for the Leathers (designed for the Morden default leathers)

Link to Barry Sheene Leathers Directory on MEGA

Here is the link for the Legends Leathers

Link to Barry Sheene Legends Leathers Directory on MEGA

If anyone has any suggestions of ideas just let me know

Hawk

Very nice paint job mate..... Big "Barry Sheene" fan myself..... Can you transfer to "Legend" suit too?  ;D 8)

DaringD

August 20, 2018, 01:39:57 AM #2 Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 01:53:00 AM by DaringD
Yeah, why not, it'll probably look a lot cooler on that, I'll get around to it in the next few days, keep an eye out.

Quick question, is there a template for the legends suit with a shading and UV layer anywhere?

Hawk

August 20, 2018, 08:21:09 AM #3 Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 08:23:27 AM by Hawk
Quote from: DaringD on August 20, 2018, 01:39:57 AM
Yeah, why not, it'll probably look a lot cooler on that, I'll get around to it in the next few days, keep an eye out.

Quick question, is there a template for the legends suit with a shading and UV layer anywhere?

That would be brilliant mate.... Thank you! ;) 8)

If my memory is holding up I seem to remember someone saying(possibly Manu?) that to paint the "Legend" suit you use the default paint template and just don't paint the hump UV for the back? But I could be wrong on that?

I'm not sure whether the templates in Matty's paint database( http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2625.msg38830#msg38830) are in .psd layered format, but here(http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=4766.msg72471#msg72471) is a suit template from the great suit/bike paint artist davidboda46 in .psd format.

You may already have downloaded these but just in case if you have not, you can also download the default rider suit templates from Piboso's official download section here: http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads but I don't think these are in .psd format? :-\

Hope this helps.  :)

DaringD

Hey man,

The problem I have with the Legends suit now is that I can simply wrap it in a paint, but the specular map wont match the seams and creases on the shading for the modern suit, so it will just look really odd, I can't seem to find a template for the Legends suit anywhere too, and there are currently no Legends paints in Matty's and the default rider templates don't include the Legends suit either, which is a bit of a bummer, I'll do some testing later on ans see how things look, maybe there is someone who might know how to export the default legends suit paint?

I'm sure we'll figure something out.

DaringD

Hey Alone,

Thanks, I tried that as one of the first things but it has the Modern rider and Default Helmet template and not the Legends template in there.  I assumed it would have been included, I even checked within the PSD just incase the layers included the shading for the Legends suit but it doesn't either.

I wondered why no one had made any new skins for the Legends suit before ;D

Hawk

You may not have seen this new thread I started a couple of days ago to find info about the Legend template: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=6110.0

Manu has provided some very useful info that could help you DaringD:)

DaringD

Hey Hawk,

I hadn't seen that thread actually, I've just added my two penneth now though, it might work to use the Modern suit template but it would be better if we had the actual template for the legends suit, of course.

Thanks for starting that Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: DaringD on August 21, 2018, 09:06:23 AM
Hey Hawk,

I hadn't seen that thread actually, I've just added my two penneth now though, it might work to use the Modern suit template but it would be better if we had the actual template for the legends suit, of course.

Thanks for starting that Hawk.

No worries, glad to help whenever I can mate. ;) 8)

DaringD

OK Hawk...

It looks like the Legends suit is a problem for now - sure I could make a paint with no shading but it would just feel weird to not have it looking right, so I'll hold off until the time comes when the templates get released and I can get to work at moving all the paints across, if the templates are laid out the same, which they should be,  it should be easy, if not then I'll have a bit of work to do, but either way You will at some point get your Sheene leathers.

Hawk

Quote from: DaringD on August 21, 2018, 12:31:59 PM
OK Hawk...

It looks like the Legends suit is a problem for now - sure I could make a paint with no shading but it would just feel weird to not have it looking right, so I'll hold off until the time comes when the templates get released and I can get to work at moving all the paints across, if the templates are laid out the same, which they should be,  it should be easy, if not then I'll have a bit of work to do, but either way You will at some point get your Sheene leathers.

Looking forward to the time when painting the Legend rider suits in all their glory will be possible.... Thanks for looking into it and giving it a try; at least we know what the issues are now.  ;)

I've contacted Snappe about it, so hopefully sometime soon we will get the proper template required to do this; depends how busy he is right now I guess. :)

DaringD

QuoteI've contacted Snappe about it, so hopefully sometime soon we will get the proper template required to do this; depends how busy he is right now I guess. :)

For sure dude, I'm not here to cause anyone stress, just having fun making some skins, I've got a Lucky Strike Schwantz set in the works, the Dianese Era, should be ready in the next day or so too.