• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:30:21 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

first sound mod attempt

Started by gianni turismo, November 25, 2018, 05:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gianni turismo

hi, i'm new around here, so i'm not sure if this is the right place for this stuff. :D

this is my first sound mod attempt, but i'm going to keep working on it: i dont't like the sound on high rev.

ciao!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms9xekXZRCU

sound from here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nsCltirI3M

and here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX7Bh-_vOq0

Blackheart

November 25, 2018, 06:32:43 PM #1 Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 06:35:46 PM by Blackheart
Nice to see someone try to make some sounds mods.  ;)

Benvenuto  ;)

Hawk

Hi Gianni.... Welcome aboard mate.  ;)

Very nice work..... I'm impressed mate! ;D

Any chance of trying your hand at some 2 strokes? These have always been the ones that people struggle with.  :)

gianni turismo

hi! thanks for the messages and for welcoming!

i'm still trying to understand if i'm doing it in the right way! :P

sure, i will try some 2 strokes sounds too, but i think it's not so easy to find good recodings around, right?

Hawk

Quote from: gianni turismo on November 25, 2018, 08:08:08 PM
hi! thanks for the messages and for welcoming!

i'm still trying to understand if i'm doing it in the right way! :P

sure, i will try some 2 strokes sounds too, but i think it's not so easy to find good recodings around, right?

You are correct in that for a 2 stroke engine sound it is not easy to find good recordings to take samples from due to the nature of a 2 stroke engine and the difficulty of obtaining a constant RPM tone for any given throttle and rpm range.

There are videos on YouTube like the ones you posted above, but of 2 stroke GPBikes instead of the 4 strokes, which you could use to try and get the sound recording samples required.
The only problem is with a 2 stroke engine is that there is no constant tone at any RPM range like there is with the 4 stroke so it makes it very difficult to create a realistic 2 stroke engine sound for GPBikes throughout all rpm ranges during throttle on and off. But I'm impressed with what you did with the 4 stroke engine sound and would be interested what you could do with the vastly more complex 2 stroke engine sound..... I look forward to hearing any results that you can come up with.  :)

Personally I'd try and use granular sound sampling from videos to try and obtain the required 2 stroke sound samples you'd need, but you may know a better way?

h106frp

Very impressed as sound is pssibly the most difficult thing to get right. Any chance of a classic Ducati twin?

gianni turismo

Quote from: Hawk on November 25, 2018, 10:17:31 PM
I look forward to hearing any results that you can come up with.  :)

Personally I'd try and use granular sound sampling from videos to try and obtain the required 2 stroke sound samples you'd need, but you may know a better way?

i will make some experiments with 2 strokes next days.  :P

granular sampling it's a good idea, but i think i will start with classic tools like a progressive pitch curve, for flatting tuning.  and "copy, paste, reverse"  for obtain a longest sample (instead of stretching)

i don't know if it's a better idea, i only hope to do something good ::)

gianni turismo

Quote from: h106frp on November 25, 2018, 11:18:51 PM
Very impressed as sound is pssibly the most difficult thing to get right. Any chance of a classic Ducati twin?

thanks! sure for ducati, but first I would like to compare myself with the 2 strokes challenge!  :P