• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:05:39 AM

Data output

Started by J Ostrowski, September 11, 2018, 04:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Ostrowski

September 18, 2018, 11:44:36 AM #15 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:48:42 PM by J Ostrowski
Thanks Max, I've used your superb plugin which gives me almost everything I want. So thank you for your hard work!

Is there anyway to view tyre data from the bike? I noticed that tyre data isn't in the SPluginsBikeData_t structure.

HornetMaX

Quote from: J Ostrowski on September 18, 2018, 11:44:36 AM
Thanks Max, I've used your superb plugin which gives me almost everything I want. So thank you for your hard work!

Is there anyway to view tyre data from the bike? I noticed that tyre data isn't in the SPluginsBikeData_t structure.
Tyre pressure and temperatures are not passed by GPB to the plugin (long standing request but that's it).

Tyre characteristics are in .tyre files of each bike.

J Ostrowski

QuoteTyre characteristics are in .tyre files of each bike.

Yeah I had seen that. I was just wondering if there was live data like tyre temperatures, forces, aligning-torque and other things.

J Ostrowski

Would someone more talented than myself be able to extract tyre data like slip angle from a session on the bike?

These parameters must be present because the game runs a version of the Pacejka formula.

HornetMaX

Quote from: J Ostrowski on September 20, 2018, 08:34:21 AM
Would someone more talented than myself be able to extract tyre data like slip angle from a session on the bike?

These parameters must be present because the game runs a version of the Pacejka formula.
They are in the simulator but they are not exposed to plugins.

J Ostrowski

QuoteThey are in the simulator but they are not exposed to plugins.

Forgive my lack of knowledge in this area, but could someone write a plugin that calls them if they knew the channel name. Or are they just not available at all?

HornetMaX

Quote from: J Ostrowski on September 20, 2018, 01:14:47 PM
QuoteThey are in the simulator but they are not exposed to plugins.

Forgive my lack of knowledge in this area, but could someone write a plugin that calls them if they knew the channel name. Or are they just not available at all?
PiBoSo defines what is sent to the plugins. If he thinks slip angles are useful, he can easily pass them in the plugin interface.

Notice however that PiBoSo philosophy for data passed to plugins seems tobe "GPB only passes telemetry data", i.e. data accessible on a real bike via telemetry.
Slip angles, for example, may not fall in this category (like many other internal state data) so I doubt he'll do it.

What would you use them for anyway ?