• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:54:37 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[Skin] Mike Hailwood Lookwell Leathers & helmet Circa '78-'79

Started by DaringD, September 11, 2018, 09:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaringD

After a whole bunch of work I finally got the Mike Hailwood Lookwells where I want them to be, it was a bitch trying to get some of the seaming to line up and to actually look decent, but I think I got there in the end.

I hope fans will get a kick out of this, I will follow up with a modern version with a few changes soon, but next on the list are the Martini Leathers!

Link to the Mike Hailwood Leathers on MEGA

Link to the Mike Hailwood Helmet on MEGA

Hawk

Superb paint job there DaringD! Thank you mate!  ;D 8)

By the description you mentioned about problems lining up the seams, it sounds like the UV's haven't quite been unwrapped properly and your having to deal with some distortion of the UV's at the seams?

DaringD

QuoteBy the description you mentioned about problems lining up the seams, it sounds like the UV's haven't quite been unwrapped properly and your having to deal with some distortion of the UV's at the seams?

Not quite, the UVs are fine, it's just that the patches and various parts of the pattern run across splits in the UV, it's not a unwrapping issue, it's just me getting used to the UV layout and that fact that when Lookwell designed the leathers they didn't make it easy for me! 

Anyway, the Martini ones are proving to be even more of a challenge, they have a lovely complex striped pattern that is really something to get right, but, the thing is, it's a great feeling when it all lines up nicely, so I'm not too fussed, there isn't anything anyone could do to make it easier really, but thanks for asking.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"