• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:25 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

A "Marquez-Button"

Started by MultiCOOLFRESH, November 06, 2018, 03:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiCOOLFRESH

So I came up with a idea, what about a button, where you can save the bike, even though the front tucked or the rear slipped. BUT this should not be too easy, it should be perfectly timed, so you get this one save, that feels like you are a god and not as a common thing. On the other side it should be balanced, so if you master this system, you can save the bike more often. And this button should be adapted to riding styles, like the modern can do it more effectively, the legend one has a very little chance to do it and the classic one has no chance.

I was just wondering if this would be possible, since nowadays saving some crashes are possible  :)

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Hawk

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on November 06, 2018, 03:34:38 PM
So I came up with a idea, what about a button, where you can save the bike, even though the front tucked or the rear slipped. BUT this should not be too easy, it should be perfectly timed, so you get this one save, that feels like you are a god and not as a common thing. On the other side it should be balanced, so if you master this system, you can save the bike more often. And this button should be adapted to riding styles, like the modern can do it more effectively, the legend one has a very little chance to do it and the classic one has no chance.

I was just wondering if this would be possible, since nowadays saving some crashes are possible  :)

MCF

If the physics simulation is correct then you shouldn't need a button to save any crashes that are actually savable?  ;D ;)

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Hawk on November 06, 2018, 05:37:10 PM

MCF

If the physics simulation is correct then you shouldn't need a button to save any crashes that are actually savable?  ;D ;)

It is about crashes that are bascially not saveable, BUT there is this bloody spaniard, who saves the bike every time  :D

MCF

Hawk

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on November 06, 2018, 08:13:40 PM

MCF

It is about crashes that are bascially not saveable, BUT there is this bloody spaniard, who saves the bike every time  :D

MCF

Lol!  ;D

Yeah... working the rider physics out for that man will give Piboso nightmares I recon. Lol!  ;D ;D

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Stout Johnson

November 07, 2018, 02:40:33 PM #5 Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:45:45 PM by Stout Johnson

It's definitely not an important issue, but technically MCF is correct. In GPB, if the virtual rider is involved, you are not completely in charge of the bike (DST is something else). MM is able to save a lot of situations where he is losing the front wheel, due to leaning his body even more to the inside, pushing his knee of the ground and steering to the inside of the corner (standing the bike up). He does all this with admirable reaction time and therefore often enough is able to save the bike from lowsiding. But he does not manage always, because you can only do this when the bike is still on the brink of losing the front and only if the tire can regain traction if lean-angle is reduced rather quickly. But within those Parameters, if a "save" button would do exactly what MM is doing, it might even make sense to have it and would actually be realistic the bike could be saved from time to time. Only gripe I see is that someone might be button mashing "just in case". So the virtual rider would really need to lean to the inside even more, steer to the inside and stand the bike up in a way that would make you run wide. So button mashing would let you run wide and would slow you down considerably. Then it would even make sense.

Speaking of all that. What I am missing in GPB is the real danger of risking low-siders when having lean-angles and/or braking into Corners. In real life most crashes happen this way. In GPB you almost never are in danger of losing the front due to hard cornering and/or braking. The front seems to be on rails most of the time. It used to be way better in previous betas (from what I remember it felt really good until beta4 or beta5). In those early betas one had to brake smoothly into corners and one had to reduce brake force on the front while leaning into corners. Riding a bike in GPB even made me a better rider in real life! In recent betas the front feels too much on rails and I have the feeling that the virtual rider limits the max leaning while braking, so effectively the player does not really run into danger of losing the front. It becomes even more obvious when running in the rain. It used to be one of the greatest feelings for me in the early versions of GPB - to slowly work towards that limit of the tires while braking hard into corners. After all, that is one of the real thrills of riding a bike competitively irl.

If Piboso reads this: Please bring back the dangers of low-siding! It is a simulation after all. I don't need the virtual rider to take that thrill away from me. I might even consider riding in GPB again if this thrill comes back.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 07, 2018, 02:40:33 PM

It's definitely not an important issue, but technically MCF is correct. MM is able to save a lot of situations where he is losing the front wheel, due to leaning his body even more to the inside, pushing his knee of the ground and steering to the inside of the corner (standing the bike up). He does all this with admirable reaction time and therefore often enough is able to save the bike from lowsiding. But he does not manage always, because you can only do this when the bike is still on the brink of losing the front and only if the tire can regain traction if lean-angle is reduced rather quickly. But within those Parameters, if a "save" button would do exactly what MM is doing, it might even make sense to have it and would actually be realistic the bike could be saved from time to time. Only gripe I see is that someone might be button mashing "just in case". So the virtual rider would really need to lean to the inside even more, steer to the inside and stand the bike up in a way that would make you run wide. So button mashing would let you run wide and would slow you down considerably. Then it would even make sense.

For the MM Button I would reckon a cooldown time of like 1,5 or 2 sec. and for the fact that we can not feel the virtual bike just as in real life, I guess this leads to beeing a very rare thing and how it should be :)

MCF

Stout Johnson

However, I want to stress this is one of the least important things GPB needs at the moment ; )

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on November 07, 2018, 02:47:53 PM
For the MM Button I would reckon a cooldown time of like 1,5 or 2 sec.
Well in Sepang when MM saved his bike in lap 1 (when Iannone crashed due to MM almost crashing), MM barely lost time and only widened his line a bit. So not sure what the minimum requirements would be. But as said before it is only hypothetically speaking. We don't need this button (at least as long as we have much more important issues in GPB).
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 07, 2018, 03:18:46 PM
However, I want to stress this is one of the least important things GPB needs at the moment ; )

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on November 07, 2018, 02:47:53 PM
For the MM Button I would reckon a cooldown time of like 1,5 or 2 sec.
Well in Sepang when MM saved his bike in lap 1 (when Iannone crashed due to MM almost crashing), MM barely lost time and only widened his line a bit. So not sure what the minimum requirements would be. But as said before it is only hypothetically speaking. We don't need this button (at least as long as we have much more important issues in GPB).

For sure, it is just a suggestion for the further development of the game :)

MCF

HornetMaX

MM aside, how many riders have you seen doing this kind of saves let's say at least 3 times in a year (considering all practice + quali + race sessions) ?
I'm going to say none. If the "save" button has to be "realistic" (and we know Piboso is allergic to anything but) it should work only 1 time in 100,000 on average :)

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 08, 2018, 07:20:11 PM
MM aside, how many riders have you seen doing this kind of saves let's say at least 3 times in a year (considering all practice + quali + race sessions) ?
I'm going to say none. If the "save" button has to be "realistic" (and we know Piboso is allergic to anything but) it should work only 1 time in 100,000 on average :)

Yeah, yeah, that is what I am talking about :)

MCF

poumpouny

when i used to ride In DSA mode, i've manage to make such a save 2 or 3 time .... totaly by chance.

Myst1cPrun3

Vini

nice save but i dont see the front fold.
that said, marquez-style saves were aleady possible before [X].