• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:16:56 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Grass less slippy please.....

Started by Hawk, October 12, 2016, 09:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I have noticed with the new bike reset system that sometimes the bike can end up on a hill or in an awkward terrain gully and the bike really does slip too easily on the grass in those uphill or downhill situations which leads me to believe the grass is too slippy?

Hawk.

Blackheart

Raise the grass grip in the tyres data (for mods) is a easy solution, (+5-10) with new reset it is important to have more grip in sand/grass for back on the track :p

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on October 12, 2016, 10:02:40 PM
Raise the grass grip in the tyres data (for mods) is a easy solution, (+5-10) with new reset it is important to have more grip in sand/grass for back on the track :p

Will give that a try Blacky. Thanks mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Agree HAWK

Since B7 when the off-track was changed to be less GRIPPY (because it was too grippy) , in my opinion it was tweaked too much and is now too SLIPPY (anything not a track surface). With the great new respawn in mind can it be tweaked back to give a bit more grip for the next update? Obviously still less than 6c but more than it is now? It has been said elsewhere on the forum since B7 so not a new idea. Changing all the bike tyre values is a 'meh'.
As proven in races getting back on track is a tad too difficult.
I know, netcode is the drive but...
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

poumpouny

crash on race yesterday and spend about 1 and half a minute to get to the track  ;D, but i 'm on full manual too so the pain is doubled lol

Hawk

Quote from: poumpouny on November 07, 2016, 06:26:09 AM
crash on race yesterday and spend about 1 and half a minute to get to the track  ;D, but i 'm on full manual too so the pain is doubled lol

Until we've adjusted the off track surface grip factors on the bikes, it does make it easier if you select a higher gear to get back on track as selecting 1st gear is very slippy.  ;)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Why not just try staying on the track, I thought that is wot GPB is about!!!

DD ;D
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.