• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:11:11 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Camera Settings Help

Started by Myst1cPrun3, December 11, 2018, 03:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

I've recently started using first person in GPB, and to get it to where I'm relatively comfortable I've hooked up my TrackIR with a custom sensitivity/movement profile for GPB, and it works really well for the most part. However I have noticed a few 'oddities' here and there and was wondering if there was any way to overcome them or more fidelity in the camera controls in the files somewhere?

The main issue I have is the automatic camera movement, for instance when I tuck my rider forward or back, the first person camera moves up and down automatically, which often puts me inside the fuel tank, or miles in the air, which is a slight issue when it comes to seeing where I'm going. I was wondering if there's any way to turn it off, as I can't see any in the menus?

To combat this, I use the second-first person view (if that makes sense), which works a treat with TrackIR, and is actually really immersive. Well as immersive as I can get without VR and one of those fancy handlebar controllers. The issue I have with this view is that there seems to be a vertical limit on movement, (I think the view is supposed to be a static camera w/out TrackIR?), and the result is I can't sit out of the screen on most sporty/racing bikes. Again I was wondering if there was any way to edit this, as again I couldn't see any in the in-game menus?

The only solution I've found so far is to use the 'rider tracking' option, which uses the TrackIR (or other Tracking software) to control rider lean. I'm not a big fan of using this as I struggle to set it up, as the rider only seems to respond to very extreme head movements.

Any tips would be appreciated :)