• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:31:42 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Renaming Track Objects

Started by Myst1cPrun3, December 14, 2018, 05:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

I am attempting to convert a track, and there are so many individual objects that have to be renamed, I was just wondering what happens if they don't get renamed? Do they bug out or just not show up in game eventually?

h106frp

Anything that does not use a defined name eg TRK just end up as visible object but will not be collidable.

Its much easier if you group common object elements together before renaming.

Myst1cPrun3

Ah, that's useful, saved me a load of work in the renaming area. just got to rename the collidable objects then, such as the main objects in this (http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php?title=Track_Creation_Rules) wiki?

h106frp

Thats the idea, the important thing is to ensure that any surface that can be ridden is named (TRK or OFF_TRK) or the non rideable area is enclosed by collidable objects (WLL) or a hidden barrier (INVISIBLE).

Everything else is just eye-candy  :)

Myst1cPrun3

I need to add a tyre wall into an area to create a chicane, as in the real world its a temp chicane irl, used only for the bikes. Is there a database for 3D models that can be loaded into 3DS, or can I do that in Track ED?

And do I need to delete the marshals that are already in the track and add them in using TrackED?
Just wondering what exactly is TrackED used for?

h106frp

You can add objects in trackED but they will not cast shadows in-game.

Best source for new objects if you do not want to model your own is from other track rips.

Animated marshals and starter are placed in trackED but its usually best to have some people in the track model or it will appear deserted when practicing.

Myst1cPrun3

December 14, 2018, 08:14:44 PM #6 Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 08:16:34 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Ahh ok that makes sense. Are spawns and grids placed in tracked too?

h106frp

'racedata' is used to define grid, pits, pitboards, splits etc - created in tracked

Myst1cPrun3

Sweet thanks. Getting there now, just some final editing then i should be looking at a GPB import hopefully.  :-\ probs take me all weekend like to get there like as I'm not very good at this 3d stuff but we'll see  :)

h106frp

Fun job of making a centreline next then   ;)

Myst1cPrun3