• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:38:07 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Game engine Conversions + Updates

Started by Myst1cPrun3, March 16, 2019, 10:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

I've recently seen that someone has remade Star Wars Podracer in UE4, and it got me thinking what would it be like if some lovely modder remade some old classic motorcycle games in a similar way?

I really like the PS2 Jester TT games, however theyre looking a little dated and may be a little hard to access the files to remake them due to the unusual file types. (It uses Lamp Libraries or .lmp files for short)

I would love to see this and some of the older SBK games remade, such as SBK 2001 and SBK 07, as they're perhaps my favourites. I mean can you imagine something like SBK 2001 with modern graphics, and some netcode installed for online play? It'd be awesome IMHO.

What games would people here like to see remastered in a modern engine? I'm sure there's going to be at least one GP500 suggestion, and maybe even some Richard Burns Rally lol.

I sadly lack the knowledge, skills, and patience to embark upon such a project, (Painting skins in GPB is pushing it for me), so if anyone is willing to have a bash at something similar, It'd be a nice little project.

Here's the PodRacer Remastered video I saw:

https://www.youtube.com/v/xqKRR1ao2FU