• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Pretty please

Started by HornetMaX, December 22, 2018, 12:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Can we have a server side option to disable dynamic surface ?
This would avoid having two versions of each track (DS and NDS).

It's a pain for the modders, it's a pain for the players, it's a pain for the ones maintaining the track list/download site.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 22, 2018, 12:53:11 PM
Can we have a server side option to disable dynamic surface ?
This would avoid having two versions of each track (DS and NDS).

It's a pain for the modders, it's a pain for the players, it's a pain for the ones maintaining the track list/download site.

I wouldn't think that was possible.

PiBoSo

Is the dynamic track surface still causing problems?

Or is that an option that would be useful regardless?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Manu

I suggest that the tracks are DS mandatory and then can be deactivated from the server if someone wishes.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 22, 2018, 02:24:51 PM

Can't really judge if we have enough activity at the moment to figure out if DS is still an issue.
To be on the safe side, I'd like the option so that a modder can do only one version, issue or no issue.
Server admin (or client, when playing offline) can then take the decision.

matty0l215

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 22, 2018, 04:40:57 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 22, 2018, 02:24:51 PM

Can't really judge if we have enough activity at the moment to figure out if DS is still an issue.
To be on the safe side, I'd like the option so that a modder can do only one version, issue or no issue.
Server admin (or client, when playing offline) can then take the decision.

This.

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Grooveski

December 23, 2018, 01:32:40 AM #6 Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 01:35:33 AM by Grooveski
We raced a few DS tracks in the moto2 series last beta and I don't recall any problems.
90% of my playtime since then(also B13) has been on DS tracks and no bother there either.

The DS problem was random lockups wasn't it?  (By the time I got here folk were all running NDS races so that's all I rode until recently)

Agree that an off switch ingame would make life easier from a track-release point of view.
...but I made life easy with Oliver's Mount by only releasing a DS version.  :)  Figured if folk had problems I'd put up an NDS one too...
...but no-one did.

Personally I really hope NDS is over.  Every DS server I've been on I've learned things from the tyre tracks that the quick guys have left behind.  8)

HornetMaX

Thanks for working on this !