• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:59:54 PM

Supermotard?

Started by Mikaa_34, January 31, 2014, 06:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: grimm on April 29, 2014, 04:06:08 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 29, 2014, 10:32:04 AM
Hi Grimm.
All Klax is saying is that at this stage in GP Bike development a supermoto MOD bike wouldn't be a viable option, and he is right; maybe in the future once Piboso has everything sorted with the physics and rider animation capabilities for modders then yes a supermoto MOD bike would be a great addition. :)
If someone wants to put in the time and work to create a supermoto MOD as a test to see how well it works in GP Bikes then know one here would be against that effort. In fact it would be an interesting project to see how well they could make it work.  ;D 8)

I know your relatively new here, but to imply that another community members opinion is "asinine" is taking your expressions a little too far here. We all friendly here and like to help each other out whenever we can, but all your going to do with statements like that is alienate yourself from this community and soon know one will bother to respond to your contributions.
By all means express your opinions, but I'm sure your old enough and wise enough to be able to express them in more cordial terms than telling someone their opinion is "asinine".

Okay, I'll admit I'm rather abrasive at times, and I offer my sincere apologies for my wording sounding like I was completely discrediting a fellow members opinion. I was more or less generalizing the popular opinion of how a supermoto is ridden than what Klax actually said. Having quoted him I can see how it sounded like a direct attack, or just for that matter an attack at all. Again, my apologies for coming off that way right out of the gate.

But, as for alienating myself I'm way ahead of ya there, been around since Alpha 3, and on the last forum before the change over Gog and I got into it pretty bad about riding technique and I pretty much made my bed and slept in it fully by NOT changing my screen name when the forum changed over. I'm willing to own up to my attitude and who I am, no hiding it here either. Just a little irked by the fact people both in the sim communities and the real world have a pretty skewed view of what a supermoto is or how they are ridden. On a pro level they do look fancy, but for mere mortal men like me, they are the most hooligan tool for a dirty job. In my opinion GPB would suit that situation well with a road tire shod dirtbike. ;)

As for helping the GP Bikes community... well, lets just say I have tried in the ways I can offer, and ended up with a rather bad experience. Just ask DoubleDragonCC where he's been the past few months and why he hasn't accomplished a single thing developing motorcycle controllers... not sure I want to soil the forum with that dirty laundry, but lets just say that expecting anything from him is wishing upon a star... I'm STILL cleaning up the mess after that disaster... and have no moto controller to show for it either.  :-X

Hi Grimm.  ;)
Thanks for that mate.... At least you had the balls to come on and apologise and explain things, that means a lot in my book. ;)
I'm sorry I didn't realise you were a verteran GP Biker. Just looked at your profile here and assumed you were relatively new to GP Bikes.

So no worries mate, all's good at my end, I don't hold grudges... We all have those days when we just want to let rip. Lol

Catch you on track mate..... Or being a veteran, I should say you'll be catching me on track. Hehe  :D 8)

ChrisK

Hey Ricco why not using ur supermoto for a supermono, like the picture i post u need no other rider animation on that bike.

and its something different then the bikes we already have, 450cc 4 stroke with maybe 50-55hp and 105-110kg

and later when mxb is out and gbp have dirt support someone can do a supermoto

fabio93bg

Quote from: ChrisK on April 29, 2014, 04:53:42 PM
Hey Ricco why not using ur supermoto for a supermono, like the picture i post u need no other rider animation on that bike.

and its something different then the bikes we already have, 450cc 4 stroke with maybe 50-55hp and 105-110kg

and later when mxb is out and gbp have dirt support someone can do a supermoto
This makes sense. for me also it os the right decision now. in GPbikes supermono is better then a supermoto. at leastby now. PS: really liking supermono!!!

Klax75

Quote from: grimm on April 29, 2014, 04:06:08 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 29, 2014, 10:32:04 AM
Hi Grimm.
All Klax is saying is that at this stage in GP Bike development a supermoto MOD bike wouldn't be a viable option, and he is right; maybe in the future once Piboso has everything sorted with the physics and rider animation capabilities for modders then yes a supermoto MOD bike would be a great addition. :)
If someone wants to put in the time and work to create a supermoto MOD as a test to see how well it works in GP Bikes then know one here would be against that effort. In fact it would be an interesting project to see how well they could make it work.  ;D 8)

I know your relatively new here, but to imply that another community members opinion is "asinine" is taking your expressions a little too far here. We all friendly here and like to help each other out whenever we can, but all your going to do with statements like that is alienate yourself from this community and soon know one will bother to respond to your contributions.
By all means express your opinions, but I'm sure your old enough and wise enough to be able to express them in more cordial terms than telling someone their opinion is "asinine".

Okay, I'll admit I'm rather abrasive at times, and I offer my sincere apologies for my wording sounding like I was completely discrediting a fellow members opinion. I was more or less generalizing the popular opinion of how a supermoto is ridden than what Klax actually said. Having quoted him I can see how it sounded like a direct attack, or just for that matter an attack at all. Again, my apologies for coming off that way right out of the gate.

But, as for alienating myself I'm way ahead of ya there, been around since Alpha 3, and on the last forum before the change over Gog and I got into it pretty bad about riding technique and I pretty much made my bed and slept in it fully by NOT changing my screen name when the forum changed over. I'm willing to own up to my attitude and who I am, no hiding it here either. Just a little irked by the fact people both in the sim communities and the real world have a pretty skewed view of what a supermoto is or how they are ridden. On a pro level they do look fancy, but for mere mortal men like me, they are the most hooligan tool for a dirty job. In my opinion GPB would suit that situation well with a road tire shod dirtbike. ;)

As for helping the GP Bikes community... well, lets just say I have tried in the ways I can offer, and ended up with a rather bad experience. Just ask DoubleDragonCC where he's been the past few months and why he hasn't accomplished a single thing developing motorcycle controllers... not sure I want to soil the forum with that dirty laundry, but lets just say that expecting anything from him is wishing upon a star... I'm STILL cleaning up the mess after that disaster... and have no moto controller to show for it either.  :-X

It's all good. I too didn't mean to come off not understanding or not caring. We're all riders here, and crashers. lol :D

Mikaa_34

RiccoChicco

A KTM 350 SXF has been made for GPB, but unfortunately it isn't working well to make good races. Still waiting for MXB to confirm...

GhostdogNL

why is it not working well ..i mean youre are abble to slide know ..the foot not going down is not stopping the fun

RiccoChicco

Quote from: GhostdogNL on July 11, 2014, 06:00:20 PM
the foot not going down is not stopping the fun

Thanks for the suggestion! I never thought about that!  ::)

I'm not stupid, if I tell you that it's not working great, it's not...But I don't leave the idea to have supermotard in a PiBoSo simulation...

GhostdogNL

sorry mister Ricco ..didnt want to piss you off ..nextime i wil put a smiley next to it ! you grumpy man !

RiccoChicco

I am!  :P

Here is the KTM, which has a completely new geometry from scratch :

Problems encountered :

- Stability under 30 km/h (it's very hard to not fall)
- Stability on turns (problems on front)
- Rider animation : arms can be twisted in strange positions

Moreover the global sensation of the bike is just to have a very low powered bike, it's doesn't give you the feeling of a big mono cylinder with stock dynos. It's a bit better when  tweaking low RPM but that was not as expected.

HornetMaX

Quote from: RiccoChicco on July 12, 2014, 07:06:09 AM
- Stability under 30 km/h (it's very hard to not fall)
- Stability on turns (problems on front)
- Rider animation : arms can be twisted in strange positions
Most likely, the virtual rider gains are no longer good, as the bike is very far from whichever bike you used as start point for the physics.

Quote from: RiccoChicco on July 12, 2014, 07:06:09 AM
Moreover the global sensation of the bike is just to have a very low powered bike, it's doesn't give you the feeling of a big mono cylinder with stock dynos. It's a bit better when  tweaking low RPM but that was not as expected.
Hmm, that's strange. If you PM me the bike files (just the .eng, .geom and .tire) and the same file from the original bike you started from (e.g. from the 125, if you used it as a starting point) I can have a look.

MaX.

GhostdogNL

whell Ricco ...it is realy stunning ! still i`m gonna bitch and moan about it haha  :P ::) 8)

RiccoChicco

Preparing a laboratory bike for few testers

GhostdogNL

grimm

July 14, 2014, 03:48:34 PM #134 Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:50:29 PM by grimm
Quote from: RiccoChicco on July 13, 2014, 06:14:32 PM
Preparing a laboratory bike for few testers

If you would be gracious enough to let me in on the testing I have built and ridden a supermoto to the very threshold limits, meaning, I may be helpful with anything you might want to know about how the bike behaves. If anything it would at least give a good idea of how it compares to real life, and riding with DST more often than not, if anything, I could get some really kick ass footage of some wheelies and slides. :)

Been running a custom wet map on the GP1000 that simulates an engine character similar to a Ninja 650R Supertwins bike in order to keep myself occupied until a supermoto comes out for either GP Bikes or MX Bikes (whenever that gets released).