• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:04:45 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

VR: What's Best

Started by Myst1cPrun3, February 05, 2019, 10:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

Sims use more CPU (physics + AI) than normal game (just AI, physic is just approximation) and vice versa with GPU, Sims tend to be less GPU intesive that Normale AAA pop corn games ... But if you can Affrod and the CPU and the GPU then .......  ;D

Gibbon

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3
Anyway 32gb of Ram and a 2080ti should be good enough for most games, and if it's not I'm going to flip a table
It's more than enough!

nor_bak

Hi.  Just bought the Rift CV1.
I'm having problems to get 90fps steady with stock track and bike (mod tracks can be quite slower)
¿Wich settings could I change?
I already disabled AA and Shaders an so on.
Texutures to Medium
Draw distance to High

Oculus.ini
Supersampling ot 1.0
Mirros t -1

My system specs are:
Ryzen 5 2600
RX580 4GB
RAM 16GBytes

teeds

Turning your draw distance down further will help, I have a similar problem in VR. Hopefully the games rendering engine will get an update soon.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: teeds on April 14, 2019, 09:57:13 AMHopefully the games rendering engine will get an update soon.

Pib said he was working on a rendering code rewrite in the 'Daily Development Reprise' thread, IDK if that is a fix for this or what but yeah its needed.

teeds

Yes, and although he is doing it primarily due to the AMD GFX card problem, let's hope it will improve the Open-GL performance on all cards.