• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:48:45 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

VR Steering

Started by Hocke, June 22, 2020, 08:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

The speeds at which I did the excersise at were about 60mph entries and 40mph exits (off throttle turn as no hands on bars)

Make of that what you will.

I wouldn't say pushbikes are a bad example. Infact I'd say it's a perfect example of the theory, as all the forces look more exaggerated so you can easily see what's going on.

But like I have said until he does this in a standard seating position, with no hands on the bars, and no run off on the side (just open) so he doesn't subconsciously stop himself turning, then I'm gonna have to go with what I was taught, and my own personal experiences.

Which can't be wrong as I experienced them lol

h106frp

July 01, 2020, 03:24:10 PM #31 Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 03:39:27 PM by h106frp
Surprisingly wikipedia has some interesting observations;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countersteering

So it not really the lean its the torque on the chassis from your legs that initiates the required counter steering then the CoG shift can contribute a bit

Its quite interesting if you think about it in reverse; when we set up for a high speed, high lean turn we get to move our weight to the inside of the turn well before we get there to avoid upsetting things when everything is loaded to the max but the bike does not go into some crazy steering but waits until we initiate the turn at the bars, as we exit we can straighten the bike using bar input before we start to get ourselves more centred on the seat.

Vini

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on July 01, 2020, 02:16:24 PMHe's going down a track with dirt either side, so he's gonna be preventing it turning, at least subconsciously.
Ah yes, that's why he went straight into the dirt at the end  ;D  ;D