• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:47:37 PM

MotoGP19

Started by Myst1cPrun3, March 12, 2019, 10:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Blackheart on April 06, 2019, 06:26:16 PM2 years of development for A.N.N.A. (AI's name) im quite optimistic, but better to wait 2 months for the release.

Waiting for release, reviews and a sale would be the smart thing to do. I'm not known for being smart XD

Myst1cPrun3

Also, if I remember correctly, this is going to be the first Milestone game where we can paint our own helmets in game, presuming we pick a helmet that's got a blank white paint and use an editor similar to ride 3 to make it.
That's a big positive for me, and if they keep this for ride 4, (should they make it) it could mean custom leathers too.

poumpouny

I think Rfactor 2 had it for years ... or i'm missing something ?

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: poumpouny on April 08, 2019, 01:59:56 PMI think Rfactor 2 had it for years ... or i'm missing something ?

In terms of AI, its a first for the industry, seemingly quite close ideologically to the SKYNET in terminator, where it learns from itself and imitates a human thought process, although the parameters are hugely different (I hope lol).

As for the helmets, IDK if Rfactor2 has this feature, not looked at paints for that, just the driving.

One of the things that was in Rfactor/Rfactor2 is sidecars. Would love to see those in GPB, or WRS considering their handling characteristics, but its unlikely as supporting them isn't on Pibs radar to my knowledge sadly :(

JohnnoNinja

Nearal AI... Could be a fantastic new feature, which could give a whole new dimension regarding single player racing! I sincerely hope this features works as advertised... We'll see...

Blackheart

I played just now F1 2018 in multiplayer (free with the xbox gamepass)... and I saw the worst players in the world, sometimes a bad AI is better than real people lol

JohnnoNinja

True! Bad AI are at least predictable...;)

poumpouny

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on April 08, 2019, 05:50:27 PM
Quote from: poumpouny on April 08, 2019, 01:59:56 PMI think Rfactor 2 had it for years ... or i'm missing something ?

In terms of AI, its a first for the industry, seemingly quite close ideologically to the SKYNET in terminator, where it learns from itself and imitates a human thought process, although the parameters are hugely different (I hope lol).

As for the helmets, IDK if Rfactor2 has this feature, not looked at paints for that, just the driving.

One of the things that was in Rfactor/Rfactor2 is sidecars. Would love to see those in GPB, or WRS considering their handling characteristics, but its unlikely as supporting them isn't on Pibs radar to my knowledge sadly :(

I means the AI thing exist for Rfactor 2 since many years. Rfactor 2 AI is adapting to track / player. Which mean, when a new track is released, the AI is slow but the most they race on it the faster they become ...
So i think the name "Neural" is just a Marketing thiing that milestone is so used to fool people for decades now .....

Myst1cPrun3

While the AI in rfactor 2 is great, from what I've read it's only adaptive, as in it reacts to a given situation, it doesn't learn as such, and those values have to be manually changed in the files.
It does seem again to only half learn tracks, as they go around 3rd party mods reacting based of the track params, but for a better experience it seems the sim can be launched in a separate mode, but the process seems relatively long, and not done by the devs, and the fact isi/sector 3 never advertised it as neural (to my knowledge) leads me to believe its not quite as advanced as many think
Either way, even if it is milestone b*********g it can't be worse than the current ai. Its literally impossible

Myst1cPrun3

So motogp 19 is going to be the most in depth motogp game...
Providing it works...
Limited number of engines per season, so I'm presuming there's mechanical failures as well..
Pro career mode, as 100% weekends, cockpit only, andno hud and max ai isn't easy enough.

Handling looks, 'loose' to say the least. But the Milestone handling never looks good on videos, but seems to feel better when actually riding. Not realistic, but better than videos.

They also had MotoGP esports guys and 'community members', (guessing YouTubers etc etc) to test the early build, similar to what codies did with the f1 games, and they're going from strength to strength so it'll be interesting to say the least.

Still skeptical, but Milestone is going in the right direction by the looks. Only time will tell.

(I still want vr/trackIR support, but after ride 3 and MotoGP 18 I'll settle for non suicidal AI)

davidboda46

I always had problems with Milestones on-board views, the bike looks like it's a sideways rocking chair when you change direction...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Blackheart

I'm pretty optimistic, looks fun, never played this game with the onboard view because the AI was just stupid, this year maybe will be possible do some nice races onboard vs AI, I'll wait some full reviews here, before buy it  ;D

KG_03

Yes on the first game show up the youtubers were invited. One of them was Jorge Sprinter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG0r4dA9L00

Soap Gaming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdICyn-p-hw

and Kenpich who didn't post his video yet.

Anyway from what I have seen in comments, videos and what I understood:
-the tyres will have a temperature simulation, they will overhear and warm down loosing grip will be much easier.
-there will be limited tyres and engines in career so the management will be important. Engines will have a life span, but will the crashes impact on their durability - got no idea
-dashboards in onboard camera have laptimes, gap, ECU status and lap number
-the AI is really good if you enter the line they have programmed, they will not overtake, but once you open a line they will attack agressively. Someone in FB said they act like good real life players but do not make stupid moves.
-Jorge said the game in general feels more realistic.

Myst1cPrun3

If milestone can do with motogp what codemasters have managed with f1, it'll be a beast game series.
The f1 games are some of the best 'sim-cade' games on the market, and have only been going from strength to strength so we'll ll see.

I'd does sort of prove what I thought though gou, in that ride 3 and motogp 18 were filler games to port over assets to the new engine but it does look good.

However it still is milestone so we'll see. (I remember saying this all the way back for f1 2016 for codies and that was a huge step up so I'm still hopeful)

doubledragoncc

Milestone still needs to change there damn controller inputs setup as it sucks still and its 2019 damn it. MotoGp18 is one of the worse ones yet. MotoGP13 had the best controller input coding. This Sony and Microsoft monopoly of gamepads for gaming only should be stopped. Sony cost me the Dorna contract as they insist on the esports being gamepad only so naturally software houses kiss their ass to keep them happy and comply to making it impossible to have a perfect controller setup in bike games.

I just hope MotoGP19 is better

Oh and it would only take a few days work in UE4 to have data output from MotoGP games as Igor from DOF Reality has been helping me look at motion systems in bike games. So it is totally possible for them to allow controllers like GPBikes does they just refuse to give it to us.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.