• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:43:04 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Can anyone Identify this program?

Started by Myst1cPrun3, March 23, 2019, 03:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

I've come across a little video online and I was wondering what program the devs in it were using. I only have a few screenshots of the program, and the title bar has been cropped down.

Myst1cPrun3

And while we're here does anyone know of any Programs to open .PWS files?

matty0l215

Have you got a link to the orignal video?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Myst1cPrun3

There really isn't that much more to see in the original video, as its just interviews covered with a smattering of gameplay and someone placing bushes.

Here's the link anyhoo:

https://www.youtube.com/v/W1qZPpu5_Cc

matty0l215

I see now.

This will most likely be their in house engine editor.  (or whatever engine they use)

.pws will most likely be a container file that has the model, textures and any other information the engine needs to load a track/bikes. Like how we use .pkz for GPBikes

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: matty0l215 on March 23, 2019, 05:43:24 PM
I see now.

This will most likely be their in house engine editor.  (or whatever engine they use)

.pws will most likely be a container file that has the model, textures and any other information the engine needs to load a track/bikes. Like how we use .pkz for GPBikes

Appears to be their in house editor rather annoyingly. As for the PWS file, Ive had a look into it and I can't seem to view any part of whats inside, regardless of what program I choose.

bit of a bee-ach thx for the reply.

matty0l215

To be fair, if you had spent god know how much money and time building a game, would you just let any person come along and "borrow" the model files :P

There have been multiple attempts to get the IOM track but has proved very very difficult unfortunately.

Myst1cPrun3

March 23, 2019, 06:15:32 PM #7 Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 06:17:29 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Quote from: matty0l215 on March 23, 2019, 05:57:59 PM
To be fair, if you had spent god know how much money and time building a game, would you just let any person come along and "borrow" the model files :P

Oh god yeah I know, and I agree with the reasoning, but it is infuriating, especially for modders/creators etc. (Which I am nowhere near being classed as BTW, I'm just pootling along to see how far I can get in some places)

Quote from: matty0l215 on March 23, 2019, 05:57:59 PM
There have been multiple attempts to get the IOM track but has proved very very difficult unfortunately.

Yea I know, I made a couple of attempts a while back, with the Jester game instead of the Kyloton Game, and I got really close to having the libraries open, I just couldn't find the right plugin for the recommended program.

Its a shame I can't get the KT track, especially when the rest of their games quality is, 'questionable' to say the least.

Myst1cPrun3

Doubt I'll get a reply, never mind anything else, but I've got nothing else to do with my Saturday Night LOL

matty0l215

March 23, 2019, 06:28:58 PM #9 Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 06:31:27 PM by matty0l215
Might want to close some tabs next time mate :o

Edit- And I've just seen the last one... You sneaky bastard ;D

Myst1cPrun3

Reactive

Seems like its internal tool for their own game engine — KT engine. www.kylotonn.com/technologie/
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

passerBy

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on March 23, 2019, 06:15:32 PMIts a shame I can't get the KT track, especially when the rest of their games quality is, 'questionable' to say the least.
Hear, hear. I mostly got their game as an "interactive guide to the Snaefell mountain course" and in hope that one of these days someone will crack that nut, since using it without paying for the game wouldn't be right.