• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 03, 2020, 10:46:15 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta18c available! :)

State of the Union ( GPB beta16 and beyond )

Started by PiBoSo, July 01, 2019, 04:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregz0r

Got the bike from that massive MEGA GP Bikes mod directory. The issues are with every bike though, even when I try to be ultra-smooth with my controller triggers.
Chronic understeer, and insane wobbles and general instability.
YouTube: GregzVR - VR Gameplay. (Oculus Rift S)

doubledragoncc

Thats one of the GP500 set from Javiliyors

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.
https://paypal.me/IASystems

Hawk

Quote from: Gregz0r on March 04, 2020, 02:02:43 PMGot the bike from that massive MEGA GP Bikes mod directory. The issues are with every bike though, even when I try to be ultra-smooth with my controller triggers.
Chronic understeer, and insane wobbles and general instability.

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 04, 2020, 02:27:38 PMThats one of the GP500 set from Javiliyors

DD

I'll install it and give it a try.  ;)

h106frp

DId not look too bad but try and avoid dropping so many gears and carry your speed through the turns to keep the bike more settled - first is really only for slow hairpins.

Grooveski

Quote from: Gregz0r on March 03, 2020, 12:46:37 PMI would love to know how to reduce these, or if the user can do something with tricks in a base setup.
My first impressions of the suspemsion are:
Front spring rate about right but lacking damping, all moving too freely.  Increase both comp and rebound damping.
Rear too firm - reduce spring rate until bike starts squatting a little on the gas.  Can't really tell anything about rear damping until it's moving.

First thing I tend to try for reducing headshake is to increase the fork offset a bit.  If that's not enough then increasing the rake is next on the list.

Good luck. :)

h106frp

For a pre b17 mod it might be worth using debug mode to check the suspension, ride height, pre-load and tyre temps are still in/or can be adjusted to the recommended range.

PiBoSo

March 28, 2020, 11:46:05 PM #36 Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:19:29 AM by PiBoSo
Hello everyone!
Last time this thread was updated, at the end of last December, it would have been very difficult to predict the current state of the world.

In the meantime, KRP and GPB updates have been released.

At the moment a long overdue new build of MXB is in progress and should be ready in a few days.

After that, it will be mandatory to update GPB as soon as possible because:
1) the code changes that were supposed to improve the rear suspension simulation actually broke it. It was right in Beta16 and the code has been reverted to the correct one
2) the slipper clutch simulation is still bugged
3) the encryption code for modders implemented in KRP and GPB needs some fixing and improvements ( already integrated )

An update of KRP is also needed urgently.
With almost all the kart races stopped all around the globe, karters are flocking to KRP for training.

Last but not least, a forum software update is needed, because the registration captcha stopped working.
It will be done as soon as there will be some free time.

P.S.
What can we expect before the next thread update? Zombie apocalypse?
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Docfumi

Hi PiBoSo, are there any plans in the works for WRS? I see you and the team have your hands full so I'm not expecting much in the way of an update but more of a future Change log if possible. Thanks
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Docfumi on March 29, 2020, 05:34:37 PMHi PiBoSo, are there any plans in the works for WRS? I see you and the team have your hands full so I'm not expecting much in the way of an update but more of a future Change log if possible. Thanks

There still are big plans for WRS.
Unfortunately it never received much, if any, attention. Therefore, at the moment it must take a step back in development because there is a lot of pressure coming from the MX Bikes and KRP communities, that keep growing very quickly.

PiBoSo

April 12, 2020, 11:22:41 PM #39 Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:45:03 AM by PiBoSo
The MX Bikes update has been released a few days ago.
Unfortunately there are several bugs and issues that need addressing as soon as possible via a patch.

Also, sadly GP Bikes must take a brief step back because at the moment there is a lot of pressure to fix some Kart Racing Pro issues for championships starting soon.

Apologies for the wait.