• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2019, 04:45:59 am

News:

GP Bikes beta16b available! :)

Ripped models

Started by PiBoSo, June 10, 2019, 12:07:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

June 10, 2019, 12:07:10 pm Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 12:15:16 pm by PiBoSo
Please delete as soon as possible all forum threads about and links to models ripped from Milestone games, thank you.

Please note that I don't have the time to download every mod release and check if it features content ripped from unauthorized sources.
So I rely on the community to self-regulate and save me from legal actions.
Thank you.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

doubledragoncc

I hope this does not mean mods will no longer be useable when you release on steam? Will this mean NO ,mods or just rips? {lease give us more information as to why you request this above the natural point of Milestone.

Thanl you for the info and please keep this upto date as a MAJOR point for GPBikes survival

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU
https://paypal.me/IASystems

adrianXCII

So is this the end of GP-Bikes :( ?
I play racing games, mostly Motorcycle Racing. I love Skyrim too.

Manu

All links with contents related to Milestone have been removed.

matty0l215

Quote from: adrian_melandri on June 10, 2019, 06:04:14 pmSo is this the end of GP-Bikes :( ?

Don't be silly.

Modders will have to continue to scratch build content. ;D

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 10, 2019, 05:15:31 pmI hope this does not mean mods will no longer be useable when you release on steam? Will this mean NO ,mods or just rips? Please give us more information as to why you request this above the natural point of Milestone.

Thank you for the info and please keep this up to date as a MAJOR point for GPBikes survival

DD

I'd guess that it means content has to be original, and can't be converted from places like the milestone games (without permission obviously).

Bit of a blow for GPB, as we see with many mods for rFactor 2 and AC, its the modders themselves that get blamed not the sim dev, thinking of the Enduracers flat 6 mod, which was quite obviously a Porsche cup car for rf, and Porsche issued a cease and desist to the MODDERS not ISI, (or Studio 397 can't remember who it was at the time).

Pibs only a single guy however, and not a full company like ISI or S397, so I can understand his (or her, do we really know) wariness when it comes to things like this, as the companies may take advantage of this with the cease and desist sort of thing.

Fact is however with this post Pibs covered his back, and if modders' still choose to do this then that should fall on them as it has with several other modders' in other sims.

At the very least people should be a little more discreet with how they release mods, and NOT announce a new bike-set as soon as a game with said bikes have come out in a AAA game, as that is CATASTROPHICALLY obvious...
Or it could push people to an un-moderated sites for things like this, which no-one wants.

Milestone is a hot topic with GPB, as there are inevitable comparisons made between GPB and MGP/Ride franchises, so it is very likely someone in Milestone would look into this, especially as GPB is growing outside of the current community, and even more so if it makes appearances at large public events, such as tech demos and so on so forth.

Basically, Modders, if you're going to rip something from somewhere else, GET PERMISSION first.
Or do it more discretely.... I'm joking get permission ya naughty buggers, don't ruin GPB because you were lazy and decided to take credit for someone else's work!

PiBoSo

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 10, 2019, 05:15:31 pmI hope this does not mean mods will no longer be useable when you release on steam? Will this mean NO ,mods or just rips? {lease give us more information as to why you request this above the natural point of Milestone.

Thanl you for the info and please keep this upto date as a MAJOR point for GPBikes survival

DD

Modding will continue to be supported.
But please don't post messages about or, even worse, links to stolen content here, on the official GP Bikes forum.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

connorhall70

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 10, 2019, 07:38:56 pm
Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 10, 2019, 05:15:31 pmI hope this does not mean mods will no longer be useable when you release on steam? Will this mean NO ,mods or just rips? {lease give us more information as to why you request this above the natural point of Milestone.

DD

Modding will continue to be supported.
But please don't post messages about or, even worse, links to stolen content here, on the official GP Bikes forum.

We need to make a private group somewhere maybe discord with link to mega so we can download all the mods from the old mega that definitely hasnt got the ripped models from milestone in.........
GanjaGod