• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:26:20 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Bike Mod - Discontinued

Started by JamoZ, February 03, 2014, 06:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

February 03, 2014, 06:26:55 PM Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 01:11:18 PM by JamoZ
Unfortunately I`m hearing and seeing things left and right that appearently people are not happy the way the mod is managed. But instead of talking to me or coming with idea`s and suggestions to help and improve the way we work now, i have to hear and read stuff that`s aimed at me personally and that`s not really motivating to keep this running anymore. Therefore i`m pulling the plug and everyone can manage their own stuff.

I`m really sorry for the people that did enjoy and made use of the mod, but it`s also time for people to come up with their own way of handling mods, this was just created to let everyone ride and enjoy different bikes together online and have fun.

Thanks to those who DID make an effort to keep the fun going online ;)

JamoZ.

Miglitol

I have some problem to download it from Mega.

Can anyone check it?

Kind Regards

d0mm3y

My download doesnt work also. It worked perfect until 1.3.1 but now on 1.4 it stopped at 80%. I also cant download the bikes seperately

Hawk

I just did a test download with no problems at all.

What browser are you using?

davidboda46

I can't download folders as zip any more. Download starts but nothing happens, 0%. Worked without a problem before 1.4. Any ideas?

Cheers.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Stout Johnson

Quote from: d0mm3y on February 04, 2014, 03:55:03 PM
My download doesnt work also. It worked perfect until 1.3.1 but now on 1.4 it stopped at 80%. I also cant download the bikes seperately

Happens to me also from time to time - I guess it is somehow linked to how 'crowded' Mega is.... try some time later, in less crowded times...
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

d0mm3y

yeah thats what i thought too. I try it again today at 16:30 cet when im home from work maybe it works then :) if not it would be bad because i cant play online on servers that run the mod :/

HornetMaX

Bound to happen as the mod gets bigger.

It may be a nice idea to split into smaller mods, per category seems natural: MotoGP, SBK, SSP, road etc. Maybe not immediately, but in the future it makes sense.

Also, it may be interesting to have the bike version in the bike name (e.g. Ducati GP8 - 1.0) and bike directory. This would allow to have two version of the same bike installed. Could be useful for comparison purposes ...

Just thoughts, feel free to comment.

MaX.

d0mm3y

The problem is that at the moment the single bike download doesnt work also. So i dont think its about the size of the mod. The downloads from hawk_uk's track folder work normal so i dont think its a problem from Mega itself

HornetMaX

Quote from: d0mm3y on February 05, 2014, 12:41:58 PM
The problem is that at the moment the single bike download doesnt work also. So i dont think its about the size of the mod. The downloads from hawk_uk's track folder work normal so i dont think its a problem from Mega itself
Well the individual file download works, it's only the download as .zip that seems to be not working. Annoying.

Makes me think ... why for each bike we have all the individual files instead of a single .zip/.rar ?
Would save the pain (to mega) to re-zip them ...

MaX.

Hawk

I believe the way MEGA download works, is that when you request a file/folder to download, it will go through the download phase then if you requested the download as a zip file it will archive that file/folder into a zip file before it gives you the option to save the download onto your computer. So if the file you want to download is very large, it will get to 100% download and then it can appear to you to have hung or stopped during the end process of the download because it's not asking you to save the download on your computer? I recommend you give MEGA time to archive the downloaded file/folder into the requested zip file before you decide that MEGA has stopped working; sometimes, especially if the requested download file is large, this can take several minutes before MEGA will ask you to save the file on your computer.

I have also recently found out that MEGA has a 10GB dynamic download limit on the free accounts; a very generous limit it may be, but it could be possible that the 10GB download limit has been reached. The 10GB dynamic download limit once reached will reset after 10 minutes, so if this is found to be the problem you should only have to wait 10 minutes before you can start any downloads again with that 10GB max limit.

Hope this helps you guys. ;)

Nastavi

I have the same problem, I can't download pack 1.4 or just the daytona.. The file stays in queued, so I sometimes can't ride online :(

janaucarre

I have decided to upload the bikeset in mediafire because today i only can download one or two parts of one bike. I tried to download one bike part by part, for 2.2Mo i have waited more than 10min and nothing happens, and i have repeated many times the action.
I don't know if all bikes i upload are the same as the last published, but i think no big changes have been made from the first release, perhaps sound for certain bike, for help say me what changed from the first release.
I will publy the links here when all will be uploaded.
For information:
I use last firefox, i tried download as zip, simple download, download part by part of one bike(edf, next edf and so and so....). Don't know what happens but i will test to upload in zip or rar archives(not in simple file like in bikeset mod), it will be a better result, probably.

Hawk

I have just tested the download on the individual bikes, and yes, for some reason they are not downloading when I requested the download as a zip file.

JamoZ. I suggest contacting MEGA support to find out what the problem is.