• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

.pkz usage

Started by passerBy, April 16, 2019, 09:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passerBy

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 17, 2019, 02:57:42 PMThe stock bikes and track used to be encrypted Nd Piboso said if modders wanted to protect their mods (to stop unofficial updated etc) then he can release the encryption tool
Really? I guess it was a while ago. Good thing they aren't anymore, that let me bring the old stock content back to life.

Quote from: Hawk on April 18, 2019, 08:00:57 PMAt one time I was constantly asking Piboso to give us the file encryption tool to stop others messing with mods, but I think the backlash from those that don't want it ruled the day..... I will never understand some peoples thinking because if modders are to put in the hours required to produce very good scratch work then they want to know that it's protected.... There's always someone who will come along and think they have a right to alter someones mod work without asking permissions first. :P  :)
I have to admit I'm guilty of altering something :) The Twin Ring Motegi track has that unnecessarily annoying background sound of high-rev motors constantly played on track... I'm happy I could get in and "switch off" the sound (love Motegi otherwise).
Still, encryption should be essential for making sure everybody is using identical content in online sessions.