• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:58:11 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Red Bull Rookies CUP

Started by Arvoss, February 03, 2014, 08:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winner of the first race? (A Class)

Arvoss
5 (14.3%)
Alby46
12 (34.3%)
BozoCRO
0 (0%)
Toomes1
2 (5.7%)
iVolution
2 (5.7%)
JamoZ
5 (14.3%)
LoriX
1 (2.9%)
Desteban
3 (8.6%)
Jose Reina
1 (2.9%)
GixXer
1 (2.9%)
lluisete
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Hawk

June 27, 2014, 08:25:04 PM #585 Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:28:38 PM by Hawk_UK
Just been testing the 125 around Snetterton for this Sundays race: I personally think the 125 is running well enough on beta5b to finish this last race. It's certainly no worse than a lot of the other tracks we've raced on in beta4b, that's for sure.

The one thing that does need sorting out is the replay camera for the Snetterton circuit. The current one is terrible. So if someone would be kind enough to create a new replay camera set ready for this Sunday, I'm sure we'd all appreciate your help.  ;)

@Arvoss: Also is there any chance of putting the weather on realistic setting for this one? I believe the wet replay problem has been sorted out in beta 5b? ;D 8)

Hawk.

RBp

June 28, 2014, 06:01:59 AM #586 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 06:16:51 AM by RBp
2nd corner and last one are horrid now on beta5b with the 125cc,  I've made these better but I might have it finished in time for the race, I've wasted a lot of time trying to animation to work again with no success

Hawk

Quote from: RBp on June 28, 2014, 06:01:59 AM
2nd corner and last one are horrid now on beta5b with the 125cc,  I've made these better but I might have it finished in time for the race, I've wasted a lot of time trying to animation to work again with no success

Hi RBp.

I agree those corners are bad, but the second corner is okay if you take a different line, and the last corner is okay is you take it steady. I know when we're racing we like to be able to take the corners at race speeds, but until the physics are properly sorted, we'll just have to put up with these problems.

However. Having said the above, if you can improve those corners in time for the race, that would be great mate! Appreciate you trying to sort these problems out in time. Thank you RBp. ;D 8)

Hawk.

Arvoss

No realistic weather Hawk, let's just do a WET race! :D Or rain if you want ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on June 28, 2014, 11:19:46 AM
No realistic weather Hawk, let's just do a WET race! :D Or rain if you want ;)

Oh yes Arvoss! I'm all for a wet race so long as no one else objects.  ;D ;D 8) 8)
Or rain... I'm easy!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Klax75

What I do when hosting my server is I go here http://www.myweather2.com/motor-racing.aspx and get the weather for the real track. I put it in what race time would be 12-2 pm. You can set the weather so it shows the wind to what GP Bikes. GP Bikes uses Metre's Per Second for wind speed.

RBp

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 28, 2014, 10:46:37 AM

Hi RBp.

I agree those corners are bad, but the second corner is okay if you take a different line, and the last corner is okay is you take it steady. I know when we're racing we like to be able to take the corners at race speeds, but until the physics are properly sorted, we'll just have to put up with these problems.

However. Having said the above, if you can improve those corners in time for the race, that would be great mate! Appreciate you trying to sort these problems out in time. Thank you RBp. ;D 8)

Hawk.

yeah the new beta not been kind to track authors, Snetterton played fine before with the 125cc, track model finished just got the marshal and camera file left. Had a quick brb for the GP

Arvoss

Quote from: Klax75 on June 28, 2014, 12:48:52 PM
What I do when hosting my server is I go here http://www.myweather2.com/motor-racing.aspx and get the weather for the real track. I put it in what race time would be 12-2 pm. You can set the weather so it shows the wind to what GP Bikes. GP Bikes uses Metre's Per Second for wind speed.

Nice link Klax! :D

Hawk

Quote from: RBp on June 28, 2014, 01:31:22 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 28, 2014, 10:46:37 AM

Hi RBp.

Hawk.

yeah the new beta not been kind to track authors, Snetterton played fine before with the 125cc, track model finished just got the marshal and camera file left. Had a quick brb for the GP

I agree, beta 5/b hasn't been kind to track authors, and having worked so hard on some tracks to try and stop those slow speed low sides it is a little soul destroying to now be back to square one again because of the even greater unstable front end now than was in beta4b.  :(.
But I guess to be honest until the physics engine is finalized, it's just something we are going to have to live with, hugely frustrating as it is.  ::)

Hawk.

RBp

snetterton just uploading. I cant see any time in the stats, but my 125 time don't show on philp island either so im guessing there a problem with online stats?

Whitham said it wasn't worth trying to fix tracks until stable physic had been release,but me being me  spent the last 6 months smoothing a lot of tracks cos the game was unplayable at the time. I don't really wont to try any of them at the moment just in case there crap again.

RBp

new version of snetterton .   http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1096.0   should I hope be better to race on now

Klax75

I don't think I'll be able to make it. :/ I'll try my best. Plans we had for Saturday got switched to Sunday. Since I am in the U.S. the races are around 2-3 pm fore me.

Here is a new camera file for Snetterton. I reworked it some and made the cameras have zoom function. You will need to bike camera file updated to get the zoom to work if you haven't already.

Snetterton Camera.
https://mega.co.nz/#!oFQGhRoY!SPQIEFRR4fXedIwRq7SqYhjUz4x6kOfSziDyNttLQ9s

Arvoss

Quote from: Klax75 on June 29, 2014, 08:23:03 AM
I don't think I'll be able to make it. :/ I'll try my best. Plans we had for Saturday got switched to Sunday. Since I am in the U.S. the races are around 2-3 pm fore me.

Here is a new camera file for Snetterton. I reworked it some and made the cameras have zoom function. You will need to bike camera file updated to get the zoom to work if you haven't already.

Snetterton Camera.
https://mega.co.nz/#!oFQGhRoY!SPQIEFRR4fXedIwRq7SqYhjUz4x6kOfSziDyNttLQ9s

Ooh :( I can always delay the race ;) I'm not even sure a lot of guys will be racing tonight...

LOOPATELI

Could you please make a server with that track and the weather conditions so we can all practice together before the race? and also we can se how many riders more or less will participate

Hawk

Quote from: LOOPATELI on June 29, 2014, 03:21:54 PM
Could you please make a server with that track and the weather conditions so we can all practice together before the race? and also we can se how many riders more or less will participate

Well I'm up for it tonight.... But ultimately it's up to Arvoss if he feels there is enough to run it tonight, but I'm easy. It's up to you Arvoss.  All I would say is please announce your decision at least a couple of hours before the event please mate. ;) 8)

Hawk.