• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 21, 2019, 10:17:29 am

News:

GP Bikes beta15b available! :)

incredible mixed reality video

Started by poupou59890, April 10, 2019, 02:00:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

poupou59890

Hi,

I am planning to finish my simrig to play GP bikes and I am not sure yet what to use to steer, counter steering (hardcore mode = 2) is what I want but all videos I saw the angle was to important to "feel" something real. but Just now I saw this video, the force feedback seems to react exactly as the real one, i am not sure yet how his system works but seems interesting to share. Can't wait to use my sim on VR. thanks

This guy and his system are awesome :)

Gibbon

poumpouny

Wow, i think this guy is on forum, i don't remember his name but this video just blow my mind. and he is very good with Hardcore mode !!!!

passerBy

Yes, he is on this forum and I hope he is going to release another video soon enough. As expected, direct drive wheels might actually be even better for direct steering in GB Bikes than they are for car sims (DS2, of course).

But if you give it enough time and if it's a heavier bike (like a liter bike), it's not impossible to perform ok even with a Logitech wheel.

passerBy

In fact, just a while ago I found a kart track and that made me wondering if riding a WSBK bike there was at all possible with direct steering...

While the beginning is slow, keep in mind I had absolutely no idea what to expect of the track when I started that run. After the first lap (if you can call it that) I started going faster.
I'm actually surprised I didn't drop it on the first lap. My first performance in Automobilista with one of the Caterhams on a kart track was much worse in terms of keeping it on the track.

doubledragoncc

I think he is Marcel?

Brilliant work and video. Best Ive ever seen.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls<br /><br /><br /><br />i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1060 OC 6GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

passerBy

Yes, that's Marcel. It would be best if you told him yourself, DD ;) I'm not sure if he's monitoring this thread.

HornetMaX

Quote from: passerBy on April 16, 2019, 11:01:11 amYes, he is on this forum and I hope he is going to release another video soon enough. As expected, direct drive wheels might actually be even better for direct steering in GB Bikes than they are for car sims (DS2, of course).

DS2, as expected, is the way to go for FFB. I can't even remebber the number of times a newcomer arrives, asks for advice on an FFB rig, one suggests DS2 and the guy ends up saying "I'll do DS1 because <insert wrong explanation here>".

BTW, it would be nice if Marcel could put a parts list (with approx. price of each part).
I'm sure some would be tempted.