• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:00:40 PM

DS2 users

Started by Chris_Beeves, May 05, 2019, 12:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use Directsteer mode?

YES! YES! GOD YES! (DS2)
4 (36.4%)
No, I'm fine with default
4 (36.4%)
What is Directsteer?
0 (0%)
Tried it, hated it
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Chris_Beeves

I was wondering, how many of you guys use DirectSteer?
I know passerby and Marcel does, but how many of us are there out there?

Would be cool to get a race or training session going for DS!
I had to try..

poumpouny

i'm trying since year but ............... ;D

D4rw1n

Therefore your poll should leave 2 options for DS modes: DST & DSA :)

Chris_Beeves

May 05, 2019, 02:35:36 PM #3 Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 02:39:40 PM by Chris_Beeves
Well, both modes are directsteer, so same choice!

Or maybe you mean which one that was tried and hated ;)
I had to try..

HornetMaX

With a joypad (or, more precisely, without force feedback) DSA/DST make no sense.
You should address this only at people with FFB devices.

Saying "I tried DST/DSA with a joypad and it didn't work" is like saying you tried to dig yourself out of alcatraz with a toothpick and you didn't enjoy it. It's expected.

poupou59890

When I will receive the t300rs I will start  to use DSA (for now with ;y G25 it is complicated and I did not make yet the rig. so with the right position it will be better I think.

so, for me DSA but give me almost 2 years to drive well I think ^^

D4rw1n

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 05, 2019, 06:57:00 PMWith a joypad (or, more precisely, without force feedback) DSA/DST make no sense.

Saying "I tried DST/DSA with a joypad and it didn't work" is like saying you tried to dig yourself out of alcatraz with a toothpick and you didn't enjoy it. It's expected.

Totally agreeing (and btw I like this Alcatraz example  ;D )
Root cause why I haven't voted yet, as my only experience so far is with lean angle input & an xbox controller ... but I'm not liking it from the first day as it's not natural at all.

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 05, 2019, 06:57:00 PMWith a joypad (or, more precisely, without force feedback) DSA/DST make no sense.

Well, the point was to find out how many are using DS. If they use a ffb wheel or a plastic fork, it is up to them, I judge no one! ;)
I had to try..

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: D4rw1n on May 05, 2019, 07:44:19 PMTotally agreeing (and btw I like this Alcatraz example  ;D )
Root cause why I haven't voted yet, as my only experience so far is with lean angle input & an xbox controller ... but I'm not liking it from the first day as it's not natural at all.

Vote away! That seems like the perfect example of "tried it and hated it"!
I tried both modes both with a ps3 controller and my diy handlebar controller without ffb. I hated it. I don't understand how anybody can use those modes without ffb. (Klax is the only one I've heard of that can do it)

You can change your vote when you tried with ffb! ;)
I had to try..

poumpouny

I would vote for "Love it but cannot manage to stay on my wheel" option lol

Hawk

You can use the DS modes, even without FFB,  and ride well with them if you have the determination to persist using DS mode and DS mode alone.....
Most people find it SO alien that they just give-up on it before they start to get used to using it(me included in that. Lol); it can take weeks even months of total dedication to achieve......

Same with anything one does in life really, it's a bit like having played tennis right handed all your life and then being asked to only play left handed, it takes a lot of dedication and persistence to pull it off but it can be done as Klax has proved.  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on May 06, 2019, 09:07:15 AMSame with anything one does in life really, it's a bit like having played tennis right handed all your life and then being asked to only play left handed, it takes a lot of dedication and persistence to pull it off but it can be done as Klax has proved.  :)
The question would be: why would you do that ? Expect for the obvious "I've lost my right hand".
In GPB there's no benefit is playing with DST/DSA on a non-FFB device.
DST in particular makes zero sense on non-FFB devices (and DSA makes marginally more sense).

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 06, 2019, 11:28:34 AMThe question would be: why would you do that ? Expect for the obvious "I've lost my right hand".
;D Hahahaaa

Most of the time I can't really tell if you are being sarcastic or just being a *+%#. ;D

I'm hoping you just have a sense of humor.
I had to try..

Vini

May 06, 2019, 12:22:33 PM #13 Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 01:34:54 PM by Vini
max is 100% correct here. direct-steer without an input/output-loop makes no sense. same goes for DST with angle/position-based input devices (which are the vast majority).

Chris_Beeves

Even with my torque based controller DS1 was ridiculously difficult.
I had to try..