• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:57:32 AM

DS2 users

Started by Chris_Beeves, May 05, 2019, 12:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use Directsteer mode?

YES! YES! GOD YES! (DS2)
4 (36.4%)
No, I'm fine with default
4 (36.4%)
What is Directsteer?
0 (0%)
Tried it, hated it
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

HornetMaX

Quote from: poumpouny on May 07, 2019, 01:36:11 PMI dont undrestand what you mean by : "the bar must have a feedback loop to track the angle provided by GPB". Of course it need that feedback, like all normal wheel. the ffb motor will be a normal FFB motor like any wheel, it just need to not be "turned by the user by inputing angle, but torque, even if of course the handle bar will turn when you input torque".
A normal FFB driving wheel has no feedback loop on the angle (in it).
Again, GPB (or any other car sim) sends the FFB signal to the wheel, not the angle. The angle is read by GPB.
That way it's up to GPB to "sync" the in-game steering angle with the steering angle on the input device.

Quote from: poumpouny on May 07, 2019, 01:36:11 PMWhy whould be the FFB torque be a problem cause when it is static then the torque calculated is just the torque you apply on the loadcell witch is a separate input on the handle bar (nothing to do with the ffb motor or sensor). if the ffb return angle that may be caused by curbs or whooble then you just need to apply more torque, just like in real life .......
Because the bar acts (i.e. generates a torque) on the very same ais as the FFB signal/motor.
And in general, nothing is static.

Quote from: poumpouny on May 07, 2019, 01:36:11 PMEdit : Car sim is not comparable, cause you turn your wheel way larger in angle than a bike handle bar. That's why apply in torque is more intuitive and natural then turning and applying angle .......
It's totally comparable, unless you're saying that your DST device will have a fixed bar on which you measure the applied torque with a strain gauge. But in this case there's no FFB at all: you'll only feel the torque you apply and not the torque the bike/environment applies back on you. Bad.

Quote from: poumpouny on May 07, 2019, 01:36:11 PMEdit 2 : It just like when you use head tracker to controll rider lean wich influance the bike lean ........just replace the ed tracker by the loadcell and the bike lean by steering angle .....
It's not the same at all, as your head tracker measures *only* your body movement, and not the sum of your body movement and the bike lean.

poupou59890

Hi everyone,

Juts to let you know that I receive my T300rs yesterday and this is a WHOLE NEW WORLD with DSA/DS2 everything seems easier than with my G25, I put FFB at 25% because it is too brutal ^^ and the feeling is awesome, I can exit the pit at low speed without difficulties, make a lap without crashing(not the best time but start to sens feel the balancing of the bike and for now I did not attached my handlebar on it so when eveything will be complete I think it will be awesome, I have the same feeling than Marcel show on his video. React exactly 1:1 with maxangle torque = 50 and t300rs set to 50° max in the panel. The game change a lot now. I can't wait to start welding my rig to put eveything on it.