• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2020, 01:15:06 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

The M30x/MCCC/Lumberbar

Started by Chris_Beeves, May 06, 2019, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_Beeves

The "fork" came out OK, and some of the parts for the front brake were fine. The top clamp and the belt pulley however got warped at some point during the print and messed up the top layers, but it's good enough for a prototype.
Always fun to see the parts designed in CAD coming to life.

Booked the printers this Wednesday again, so hopefully better luck then. :) 
I had to try..

Chris_Beeves

Bad luck this time too! The filament got stuck in the very end and the print was stopped. Bearing brackets, load cell holder and a 100 tooth belt pulley came out great though, so I just need to redo a few parts.

Load cell front brake bracket:

I'll probably go for a hydraulic system in the future, but this wire solution actually gives quite a good feel. Nice blend between firm and flexy.
I had to try..

Chris_Beeves

The third print had failed too.. Printed 12 hours, then just stopped.. At it again!
Took the opportunity to redesign so I can have a quick release system for the handlebars to easily be switched to a steering wheel.
I had to try..

Chris_Beeves

February 26, 2020, 09:03:31 PM #33 Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 08:18:14 AM by Chris_Beeves
Printed the Quick Release today and it turned out great!

And got the fourth try of the top clamp on the printer right now.. Fingers crossed!
I had to try..

Chris_Beeves

Fourth try was successful!
Next step is to make the top and bottom plate and assemble.
I also need to figure out a good table mount..
I had to try..

Chris_Beeves

I had to try..

ainuke

Quote from: Chris_Beeves on March 01, 2020, 08:06:04 PMToday's progress:

awesome looking rig!

can you be specific about the motor/driver combo you're using and how much torque you're expecting?

also, I'm interested in learning about the ffb you're using; more for another project I'm working on (FFB joystick for combat flight sims). You're using the Leonardo for processing this? Where can I read more about this, specifically as relates to gaming contollers? (My skillset lies more in mechanical design/prototyping than software, so looking for easier solutions).

Following this thread now...
Monitors are for games; if you want to run a sim, you gotta' be in VR.

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: ainuke on March 01, 2020, 09:02:43 PMawesome looking rig!

can you be specific about the motor/driver combo you're using and how much torque you're expecting?

also, I'm interested in learning about the ffb you're using; more for another project I'm working on (FFB joystick for combat flight sims). You're using the Leonardo for processing this? Where can I read more about this, specifically as relates to gaming contollers? (My skillset lies more in mechanical design/prototyping than software, so looking for easier solutions).

Following this thread now...

Thanks! :D

The motor I just got because it looked strong, but after testing it I just think it's heavy ;)
I'll be using a BTS7960B driver to start with, should be plenty for this 120W motor. On paper I'll be getting something in the 2-4Nm area, so probably about 2Nm..
To accurately simulate a motorcycle, I'll be needing a lot more than that (probably in the 10Nm area), but that's another build. I have a "hoverboard" brushless motor waiting for that.

I'll be running EMC on an STM32 "black pill". There are perhaps better options, but EMC is quite easy to use.

I don't know how well the wheel firmware would translate to a joystick, it only offers ffb to the steering axis.
Xsimulator.net has a lot of info regarding "diy peripherals", I'd give it a read.
I had to try..

davidboda46

Looks great man! Really makes me wish I had a 3d printer.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: davidboda46 on March 01, 2020, 10:57:57 PMLooks great man! Really makes me wish I had a 3d printer.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Thanks! Yeah, it's magic for prototyping. When it works. ;)
I had to try..

doubledragoncc

Brilliant work Chris

Swear by my 3D printer makes so much possible

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.
https://paypal.me/IASystems

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2020, 11:56:16 AMBrilliant work Chris

Swear by my 3D printer makes so much possible

DD

Thanks DD!
What printer do you use?

Printing a new 95 tooth belt pulley and a microcontroller/motor driver mount tomorrow. Fingers crossed again.

Had some time to work with the stm32 microcontroller today, and it seems I got a bad one.. Windows won't recognize it, so I ordered two new ones. Hopefully at least one of them will do the job! Otherwise I'll have to switch back to the slower arduinos..
I had to try..

doubledragoncc

Just got a 5 year old CTC but she only let me down once but that aint bad for £300!!!

I only do small prints but important ones all big stuff gets laser cut.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.
https://paypal.me/IASystems

Chris_Beeves

Not bad at all!
Nothing much happened the last few years for consumer printers. They're still automated glue guns ;)

I had to try..

Chris_Beeves

Finally got the new belt pulley printed! Fits perfect, and the belt tensioner works just as planned. Hopefully it will all handle the torque..

Also designed a little holder for the STM and motor driver.
Now it's not long until testing!
Fingers crossed the new microcontrollers do the job (and that they show up soon)

Got two new fork legs in the printer right now. I'm color blind, but even I can see that "mystic green" doesn't fit very well with Ferrari red and yellow ;) Unfortunately I cant get Öhlins gold filament..

This is so much fun :D
I had to try..