• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2020, 01:24:20 am

News:

Forum registration problem: https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=8372.0

The M30x/MCCC/Lumberbar

Started by Chris_Beeves, May 06, 2019, 09:07:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_Beeves

Feels like we're not going to reach an agreement on this right now, but I will definitely pick this up again (preferably with your input!) when I start planning the possibilities of a motion rig. Thank you for taking the time Vini!

OT I am currently debugging the force feedback in the game, it is quite harsh still even if it is much better with the latest controller. Filtering on the controller side don't seem to help much, but I'm giving it another go tuning the bike direct steer settings.
Low setting in game and high setting in the controller seems to be better than the other way around.
I had to try..

Vini

Good discussion anyway!
I will try to do some calculations myself as well but taking into account all the reactionary forces makes it quite complicated.
Ultimately, I don't think an exact calculation is necessary in order to identify the dependencies between the different parameters. Thought experiments are the way to go in this case in my opinion.

Very intersted in your analysis of the force feedback, specifically under acceleration.
Would it be possible to make another riding video where you show a synced graph of the logged raw force feedback data?
The behaviour while wheelying and sliding would be especially interesting.

Chris_Beeves

May 19, 2020, 07:29:01 am #92 Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:07:12 am by Chris_Beeves
Quote from: Vini on May 18, 2020, 09:25:27 pmGood discussion anyway!
I will try to do some calculations myself as well but taking into account all the reactionary forces makes it quite complicated.
Ultimately, I don't think an exact calculation is necessary in order to identify the dependencies between the different parameters. Thought experiments are the way to go in this case in my opinion.
Absolutely!
No, I agree with you there. In the end it is about what 'feels' right when you're on the rig. That doesn't always match up with what 'should feel' right.
My thought is that either way, I'm going to be building a seat with a tank to hold on to. When that is finished, I'll make it tiltable and get a strong friend or two to act as actuators and just experiment.

Quote from: Vini on May 18, 2020, 09:25:27 pmVery intersted in your analysis of the force feedback, specifically under acceleration.
Would it be possible to make another riding video where you show a synced graph of the logged raw force feedback data?
The behaviour while wheelying and sliding would be especially interesting.
I'll take a look at it as soon as i get the time, hopefully today.
Sliding.. Have you tried hardcore mode? Most of the sliding I do is on the fairings in the gravel trap. ;D

What kind of sliding do you have in mind? Power sliding out of curves I can probably do with the MotoGP bikes. Into curves... Don't know..
I had to try..

Chris_Beeves

Had a little go on the 3D-printer again and tried to tidy the insides a little. Turned out quite good! The motor driver pcb mount didn't really work out the way I thought though so I'll make a second version.
Also a cover is printing right now. Hopefully it will fit well. Had a small mishap with the filament (didn't really think about how much was left), so it'll be a two color piece.. :D
Glad I noticed sooner rather than later.

I had to try..

Chris_Beeves

The cover turned out fine! A bit bulky maybe, but I'm happy!
The little rear brake thing seems to do it's work good too!

I want to paint the motor part, but at the moment I'm too lazy to take it apart.
I had to try..

Chris_Beeves

Cleaned up the electronics a bit too. It'll be nice not having to be so careful when setting up.

You cannot see attachments on this board.
I had to try..