• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:20:21 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps V1.0

Started by javiliyors, May 20, 2019, 08:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tube91

sorry, but what mean NDS ? or not NDS

Good job i will try this track !

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Tube91 on May 26, 2019, 09:39:16 PMsorry, but what mean NDS ? or not NDS

Good job i will try this track !

Non - Dynamic surface. So track changes with use or not, rubbering in etc... Used to be a GPB bug with DS tracks as far as I'm aware, not so much now.

finpower

I do not know I think the old version 1.5 I like better.
you do not have to stick to the track anymore.
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

javiliyors

Quote from: finpower on May 27, 2019, 06:01:27 PMI do not know I think the old version 1.5 I like better.
Ok, u choose men

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: finpower on May 27, 2019, 06:01:27 PMI do not know I think the old version 1.5 I like better.

The new one is much better. Although I do feel the track limits are very, very complacent. They need to cancel your lap if you go over the outside of the Kerbing, as its so easy to straight line places with all the tarmac run off. Not sure how much of that is GPB related or track related however.

On the new Misano there was talk about using some extra checkpoints to keep people on the racing surface as that had similar issues? Not sure if that's applicable or even possible but something like that is needed IMO.

javiliyors

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 27, 2019, 06:34:47 PM

The new one is much better. Although I do feel the track limits are very, very complacent. They need to cancel your lap if you go over the outside of the Kerbing, as its so easy to straight line places with all the tarmac run off. Not sure how much of that is GPB related or track related however.

On the new Misano there was talk about using some extra checkpoints to keep people on the racing surface as that had similar issues? Not sure if that's applicable or even possible but something like that is needed IMO.

Yes its possible to add checkpoints, but i think if u go to out of the track lose the time...

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: javiliyors on May 27, 2019, 06:51:24 PMYes its possible to add checkpoints, but i think if u go to out of the track lose the time...

I know I keep my time if I go wide at, La Source, Les Combes, Pouhon, and Blanchimant Sections (T1, T7/T8/T9, T12, T17/T18) I haven't paid attention to it at Eau Rouge/Radillion as it doesn't seem to be quicker.
But other than that the track is awesome.

maggikk22

Hi everybody,

this new Spa Francorchamps track is more narrow and shorter than the old one (v1.5).
With the same bike (R1M WSBK), I made 2'29" on the new track versus 2'43" on the old one.
So, my question is: which track is the closest to the reality?

Hawk

November 14, 2019, 12:17:13 PM #24 Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 12:26:13 PM by Hawk
Quote from: maggikk22 on November 14, 2019, 11:09:45 AMHi everybody,

this new Spa Francorchamps track is more narrow and shorter than the old one (v1.5).
With the same bike (R1M WSBK), I made 2'29" on the new track versus 2'43" on the old one.
So, my question is: which track is the closest to the reality?

TrackED Tool is the best way for someone who isn't a GPB Modder to find out if a track-mod is the correct length and width, but other factors can play a part to in lap times for a track-mod design, like off-track grip, kerb design accuracy, track surface grip, then there is the weather when your on track like track/air temps & wind, they all play a part in what lap times a rider is able to achieve apart from ones ability as a rider to ride a race bike fast in the first place.  :)

PS:Then of course there is the factor of how accurate the Bike-Mod is too: Is the handling realistic, are the tyre/brake performances and tyre temp/wear gradients realistic, etc.

javiliyors

This track is laser scan.... but i think this is to close to the real life

maggikk22

I opened both tracks in trackEd: the old V1.5 is 8.3km long. The new track is 7.0km long, which is exactly the same as in reality.
Thanks

Hawk

Quote from: maggikk22 on November 14, 2019, 01:35:08 PMI opened both tracks in trackEd: the old V1.5 is 8.3km long. The new track is 7.0km long, which is exactly the same as in reality.
Thanks

Is the track width correct too? Often if the source track 3D-model has been reduced in size to fit the length then the track width suffers and vice versa.... It can be a common problem when ripped tracks are being used to produce mods.

maggikk22

Average width is 10 meters. I measured this on several portions of the track.
I don't know if it is correct because I did not find any info about that.
As you said, maybe the 1st track has the scale adjusted on the width, and this one has the scale adjusted on the length.
If this is correct, the real width would be
10 x 8.3/7.0 = around 11.8 meters.

Anyway, the new track is nicer, track limits don't have a big high step, and lap time seems more realistic. (I don't want to hurt janaucarre, the job he made on the 1st track is great...)

Myst1cPrun3