• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

The State of Modern MotoGP, Past and Future.....

Started by Hawk, July 18, 2019, 12:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

Leg makes up 20% of rider weight.

Taking that off peg WILL lower center of gravity, WILL move weight closer to the rear, WILL move weight further into the inside, and it WILL increase aero drag.

That is simple science, it doesn't care what you believe, it's just there and is just a fact.

As for it being only felt on a GP bike/high performance bike, I only say this as they're so light and so 'finicky' they'll likely be very sensitive to weight influences, that being said if you're going fast enough
(or have messed up bad enough like I did when I did a dangle on accident) you can feel it help with slowing down. (Both in comfort and aero)

I don't quite understand how you can compare something with genuine physical proof to tattoos, which are purely cosmetic....

It's like I said before, science doesn't care what you believe, if it's right it's right, regardless of what you think.

Wnd I've seen only opinions in anything you've ever said on the forums. No facts I can find sources for.

Hawk

I was relating the tattoo reference as an example of the psychological and therefore the possible positive effects on a riders mind that may be going on with these riders not any perceived physical effect that may be down to the actual leg dangling. A rider who is very positive about their abilities will usually put in better performances than a negative or a mind full of doubts in their abilities, right? The tattoo reference was there to demonstrate that not everything you believe in at the time, no matter how you twist physics laws to back them-up, can ultimately result in a bad decision in having the tattoo in the first place years later.  :)

The fact remains that any of these riders could put in just as fast a lap time without dangling their legs in comparison to lap times when they do dangle their legs, I guarantee it, the difference is such a minute amount that leg dangling is a pointless action and more of a fashionable tribe mentality than anything seriously useful to a riders lap-times ..... Let's hope that one day an actual test will be done to demonstrate this.

But hey..... If you believe all this nonsense then fair enough mate, I'm not going to try and change your belief's if your inclined to be fooled by these people. :P  ;)

Myst1cPrun3

You can't twist physics its just there.

The average male weighs roughly 197.9 pounds or 89.7kg, of which 20% is
40 pounds or 18kg PER LEG.

You strap 18kg on one side of the bike and move it around, tell me that doesn't make a difference.
There is one, the facts support that, as do the physics.

It's go nothing to do with twisting physics, it's merely accepting that it's a gas, or what I believe, it's just science, which is always right, no matter what you think/believe.

It's thinking like that, where beliefs overturn the ability to think logically, and look at facts, that have ruined the world today.

Moving 20kg around will make a difference to the weight transfer, the earth is round, vaccines do not cause autism, and the EU is a doomed shitshow.

Facts, Money, and physics.

They make the world go round.

Hawk

Hey, I'm not saying that your 20KG leg weight doesn't do anything when moved around, your correct, that is physics, but what I'm saying is that dangling your leg out while braking and entering a corner makes little to no difference to lap-times than a rider who who keeps his feet on the foot-rests, simple as that.

But like I said, if you want to believe that it will make that much difference to a riders lap times then fair enough I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise. ;)  8)

WALKEN

You guys can go round robin about this stuff forever, the bottom line is-

Everyone has their go around and will always remember how great their moment was regardless.
Help me, help you!

matty0l215

Quote from: WALKEN on April 13, 2020, 05:50:47 PMYou guys can go round robin about this stuff forever, the bottom line is-

Everyone has their go around and will always remember how great their moment was regardless.

This,  100%
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

April 14, 2020, 10:11:49 AM #51 Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 03:43:04 PM by Hawk
Quote from: WALKEN on April 13, 2020, 05:50:47 PMYou guys can go round robin about this stuff forever, the bottom line is-

There are many MotoGP fans who would love it if we had the 2 strokes back in action who have lived through both era's..... It's only the ones who've never experienced the 2 stroke era that tend to snub-off any going back to the 2 stroke classes and think the 4 strokes are great in MotoGP, plus the brain-washed nutcases who bang-on about the 2 strokes being banned due to air quality reasons. Lol! ;)  :P  ;D

guigui404

Thank you Hawk, once again all of what you say is based on strong arguments

Hawk

Quote from: guigui404 on April 14, 2020, 11:56:47 AMThank you Hawk, once again all of what you say is based on strong arguments

Well I'm glad you agree mate! ;D

WALKEN

its almost like valve amps vs solid state, lol it just never ends.

I had a 500cc 2 stroke and I have owned many Marshall tube amps, now I have a custom built 4stroke mini bike and a couple hybrid 12ax7 preamp with a 420watt solid state amps. I also had a Polaris xcr600 triple 2stroke snowmobile that would just about rip your arms off. But I have never rode a modern MotoGP bike :)   
Help me, help you!

Hawk

Quote from: WALKEN on April 14, 2020, 09:02:52 PMits almost like valve amps vs solid state, lol it just never ends.

I had a 500cc 2 stroke and I have owned many Marshall tube amps, now I have a custom built 4stroke mini bike and a couple hybrid 12ax7 preamp with a 420watt solid state amps. I also had a Polaris xcr600 triple 2stroke snowmobile that would just about rip your arms off. But I have never rode a modern MotoGP bike :)   

Great to hear Walken, keep up the good support! ;D  ;D  8)

PS: We desperately need a more extensive choice of expressive emoti's on this forum.... How's about it?  ;)  ;D

Myst1cPrun3

April 16, 2020, 11:03:30 PM #56 Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:08:14 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Should point out, while I believe it can provide an advantage, I too absolutely HATE it. Looks like crap, and where possible, (GP bikes and MotoGP etc I don't use it)

As for 2 strokes being banned because of air quality at the time that was correct. It's why most cars went to diesel too.

However the advancement of technology has made people realise that petrol responds better to the exhaust treatments, and 2 strokes (with the fancy pants injection etc) are viable again due to their weight and fuel use, and the emissions going down.

It's why we're seeing some companies relaunch 2'smokers'
Personally, I also love 2 strokes, but the smaller capacity ones. (250, 125, and even some 50s. I bout a candle that smells like premix fgs (hawk I highly recommend btw :'D) I also looked at buying  2stroke racer before I got my cbr, just the (lack of)spare  parts that put me off)

But I do see tech changes for the times. Sometimes for the right and sometimes for the wrong. Who knows, wish I did. I'd make a fortune :'D

Hawk

Nice to hear your a 2 stroke fan Mystic..... In my day we used to put Castrol 'R' into the fuel, smells gorgeous(I can smell it now. Lol! ;D  )

Yeah I remember when they told us that diesel cars where the cleanest, that was until we all found out that the manufacturers had chipped the cars to fool the MOT exhaust emission test. Sneaky b*stards, eh. LOL! So probably it turns out that all these years they finally got rid of the 2 stroke bikes only to chuck-out a lot more pollution from these dodgy diesel cars. LOL! I always said it was a bullsh*t political excuse to get rid of the 2 stroke bikes in favour of the 4 strokes under the guise of helping to cut pollution..... I wonder what fools actually believed them. Lol! :o  ;D

Anyway I do hope the 2 strokes do actually make a comeback.... Exciting times ahead[Maybe?].  ;D  8)

Myst1cPrun3

I dont mind a 2 smoker. Love them at club events.

But I do think their time has passed, certainly at the top level or Motorsport, as the electric tech is much more advanced, and more likely to be introduced fully.

(That being said the 'petrol ban' for new vehicles the UK is introducing excludes motorcycles, but I doubt manufacturers will make special just for us. :( )

As for them being dirty/cleaner etc, I think at the time it was correct and that was the case.

As we didn't have all this tech available to us at the time, and as a result diesels took center stage, so I'm not sure it was a conspiracy or anything, just what was right at the time. I also wouldn't say they threw out more pollution. It was less, just not by as much as people promised. Cough VW cough.

But now it seems petrol at least is returning to be the prominent efficiency fuel.

I'd love to see 2 strokes back in production models, like road 250s or 125s, but I don't think they'll have much more use than that.

WALKEN

Help me, help you!