• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:08:47 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Coming Soon: Updated 8-Hour Suzuka Layout

Started by Myst1cPrun3, July 31, 2019, 11:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

July 31, 2019, 11:14:50 PM Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:16:42 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Due to the 8 hours of Suzuka just happening, I had a hankering for some endurance rides, so I hopped on the Street GSXR (Which is not a street bike at all but an endurance machine), and Loaded up Suzuka.

One pit exit later, I shut down Suzuka, as the track textures where as white as snow, and in VR, it was, well, awkward.

After trawling through the GPB forums, I finally found an updated version of the pre-existing Suzuka, and all was well. Mostly.

Link to base track: https://mega.nz/#!8VsHyQgR!AZa5YuIpcDi_pNXJyYF2KDD8AmTzCfENlaFX7BAX2dg

The track is of quite a high quality and very fun to use.

However the 'Simulation Nitpicker' Hat was on, and I very quickly noticed the real 8 Hour Race was using a slight different layout to the one in GPB, which seems to have the 'Car' layout, despite the Suzuka 8 Hours advertising on the side of the track.

So I fired up TrackED, and Decided to see if I could have a fiddle in re-arranging the layout and making it closer to the real world version.

I was successful for the most part, and the course is much more ride-able now. Just got some final touches to add, and hoping for an updated release this weekend, providing I can find the original creator/the person who did the conversion, and get their permission for a release. (And providing you guys actually want the release, however at the minute its serving more of a lesson for me in whats possible in TrackED)

Changelog:

• Added Marshals to all Relevant areas (More to come, With flag Marshals)
  • Added some Cones to pit entries, Denoting Speed Limit zones
  • Added Real world pit entry
  • Added Some Hay bales to the Hairpin Gravel Trap
  • Added Motorcycle Chicane On corner '200R'
  • Added Haybale Runnoffs chicane in corner '200R'
  • Added Motorcycle Chicane at final turns, and added cones to aid entry visuals (Mainly for first person/VR Riders)

Here are a few Screen-Shots showing some of these early stage changes:

Myst1cPrun3

Myst1cPrun3