• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:33:32 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

T300 RS WHEEL

Started by TOSAYEN, August 19, 2019, 06:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOSAYEN

hello to you, new here and proud of it I have a question Beast I have a steering wheel t300rs that I modified to put a handlebar and use the potentiometers of the pedal for the brake, accelerator, clutch, how made you so that Gpb recognize my steering wheel by just plugging in USB, should you have something else to make it work? thank you

teeds

If you're using the original inputs of the T300rs wheel you shouldn't need any additional hardware but not sure I've understood you correctly. If you have other axis you want to connect to a USB controller for the game something like this would work - http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=219

TOSAYEN

thanks for your answer, just the USB origin of the t300rs, so I just have to connect it to my computer and Gpb will detect it directly?

Myst1cPrun3

Providing you have all the wheels drivers and up to date firmware installed yes.

Can be found here:

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t300rs-en/

teeds

And also make sure to calibrate your controller when in the game settings before trying to assign your axis.

TOSAYEN

That's all market I did not update the steering wheel thank you for your help, I would put pictures of my simulator ;) .

poupou59890

Hi,

welcome on the forum, I am making a sim rig base on the t300rs too, so yes if you want to use only the entries provided by the t300rs you juts need to plug your usb (if you already instal all firmware and software) and that's it.

If you need more button or axis you can buy a USB encoder from Leobodnard, it is very easy and no coding.
and everything is plug and play.

Than you need to do the calibration.

If you attempt to use DSA mode, you need to change the rotation of the wheel in the software, If I remember weel I put 50° (so -25/+25)
and it is perfect.

T300rs is very accurate on the center deadzone so yes it is perfect for those kind of sim.

Good luck and see you on track.

TOSAYEN

hey thank you poupou59890;), what is the DSA mode?

Chris_Beeves

It is something called DirectSteer mode. It is meant to simulate driving a real motorcycle, so no steering right to turn right. Instead you have to use countersteering.
It is quite difficult, but when you get the hang of it, it is muuuuuuch more like driving a real bike. I really recommend trying. I also use Opentrack to control the rider Left/Right / Front/Back lean. It really makes the whole thing more immersive.

(Also, instead of the Bodnar you can use an Arduino Leo or Pro Micro if you want more analog or digital inputs. )
I had to try..

TOSAYEN

OK thanks for your explanations 😉