• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:54:12 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Help, configure settings

Started by je11yfish15, November 02, 2019, 09:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

je11yfish15

This is a cry for help.
I treated myself yesterday, bought the best gaming tower I could afford. New Xbox style pad (only temporary) then when I got home I got the licence for GPB.
It was like Christmas, to be fair my PC gaming experience is Company of Hero's, and that was years ago. Xbox one is where I've been getting my fix, plus I have been out of my depth racing for real over the past few years, had a nasty off last year but that's another story.

Now I've seen the YouTube vids, and the host shows you that they can't get out on to the track the first attempts, so I wasn't surprised that I had to spend a bit of time configuring my pad. So after sorting the basics I set off and yes you know, didn't make very far at all, after a couple of laps of pressing the reset bike key more than actually riding, I had that moment, I thought "what a dumbass" as I realised that I had to set the pad up for everything. I then spent quite a few hours getting all the options dialled in for first person, now today when I loaded it up my bike controls have changed and I can't get the triggers on my pad to register when I'm trying to reconfiguring them back to how I had it yesterday. It does look like my personal view settings are ok, but I can't ride the bike to truly know if I can't sort my pad out.

Also I'm having a right headache trying to get the mods in the game, I have unpacked a bike, I have also read in the forum that if the file isn't there create it, I don't know if the files there I don't know what I'm looking at. I don't think it is and if it isn't how do I create one? somebody help me please 

racing games is training

je11yfish15

yes reinstalled it that worked, sometimes its the simple things
racing games is training