• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:22:46 AM

Groove buildup

Started by Abigor, February 16, 2014, 12:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abigor

Why is that on some track there is groove buildup and some don't have this? There are strange things with this "groove"  ;D...... some examples : old Assen groove buildup works fine......the new "Assen no bump" don't build groove anymore  :-\ .....Track like Croft you can do 50 laps on soft or hard tyres and nothing but on quali tyres you can see groove after 2 laps  ;D i'm not complaining i'm just curious  ;)

Alby46

i think groove only generates with soft and qualify tires, and hard tires remove it. on new assen there is groove buildup, otherwise i couldn't do a high 2:13
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Abigor

Quote from: Alby46 on February 16, 2014, 12:44:27 PM
i think groove only generates with soft and qualify tires, and hard tires remove it. on new assen there is groove buildup, otherwise i couldn't do a high 2:13
Well thanks man.....but i just did like 30 laps on assen track 9 quali tires 990cc and no groove for me

Arvoss

Can you see shadows on assen? Maybe you have a problems with the groove too :P

Abigor

Quote from: Arvoss on February 16, 2014, 01:01:21 PM
Can you see shadows on assen? Maybe you have a problems with the groove too :P
LOL yes i have shadows on Assen ...... ;D

dibu

Quote from: Abigor on February 16, 2014, 12:38:04 PM
Why is that on some track there is groove buildup and some don't have this? There are strange things with this "groove"  ;D...... some examples : old Assen groove buildup works fine......the new "Assen no bump" don't build groove anymore  :-\ .....Track like Croft you can do 50 laps on soft or hard tyres and nothing but on quali tyres you can see groove after 2 laps  ;D i'm not complaining i'm just curious  ;)
The reason is simple - the trp file of new Assen has no 'Surface' saved. The old one had it.

If Surface (in Tracked)  is not generated and saved at a track you don't see the rubber but it builds up. You also can't save a groove file without surface.

Abigor

Quote from: dibu on February 16, 2014, 01:08:39 PM
Quote from: Abigor on February 16, 2014, 12:38:04 PM
The reason is simple - the trp file of new Assen has no 'Surface' saved. The old one had it.

If Surface (in Tracked)  is not generated and saved at a track you don't see the rubber but it builds up. You also can't save a groove file without surface.
Woooow!!!!! ok...ok..ok.......hmmm ...... :o  does that's mean that nobody can see the groove on new assen but it builds up?

dibu

Yes, you only see tyre marks from hard breaking but no groove.
Rbp should release a new version with surface. You can do it yourself but it will end in an online data-mismatch if the server doesn't use your changed version.

Abigor

Quote from: dibu on February 16, 2014, 01:23:28 PM
Yes, you only see tyre marks from hard breaking but no groove.
Rbp should release a new version with surface. You can do it yourself but it will end in an online data-mismatch if the server doesn't use your changed version.
OK ...thanks dibu  :D

HornetMaX

I've posted a message in RBp assen topic, so that he may have a look.

MaX.

dibu

Just to make things clear again. Grip builds up also without surface but the groove is not visible.

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on February 16, 2014, 01:37:44 PM
Just to make things clear again. Grip builds up also without surface but the groove is not visible.
Oh thx, I actually got it wrong, but it's clear now. To be fixed anyway.

MaX.

RBp

Been out all day and only just got back home, Never new about this groove thing so will sort thing out later in the week.

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on February 16, 2014, 01:37:44 PM

There shouldn't be any grip increase without the generated surface.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

dibu

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 17, 2014, 12:19:14 AM
There shouldn't be any grip increase without the generated surface.
Thanks for clearing.  :)
In WRS and KRP I always had the impression that some grip was build up after a couple of laps on tracks without surface.
Placebo is greeting. ::)