• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Adjustable In-Game Camera Positions

Started by Myst1cPrun3, October 13, 2019, 09:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

Most racing sims, (And games these days) have a way to customise the way the ingame camera looks, with basic positioning, and angles etc.

GP Bikes has this to some extent with the FoV and tilt controls, as well as a look to apex I think, but various mods utilise different starting postions for the onboard cameras.

Some are high up, and some are close to the tank, some are closer to the nose, and some are closer to the tail of the machine.

I think having the option to adjust this manually as a user, inside some max/min params would be a big step forward in allowing people to setup the sim and machines to where they are comfortable, as not everyone who rides in first person has head tracking or VR available.

iRacing has a very good system, where you can move and adjust every aspect of the in-game driving camera, but it won't let you go to extremes and make all new ones.

This allows the maximum customisability, to the point pretty much all setups and users are catered for, but means an unfair advantage cannot be gained by making a camera that's not in the game/sim by default.

Tom HWK

Tosteetos

+2

This would be very useful, every rider has a different style, different height, and thus different point of view. we have some adjustability already but I'd like to be able to move the camera on an X/Y plane as well. 

moeppling

^this is what keeps me from using first person... inconsistent camera positions. That and the complete lack of a adjustable head movement filter.