• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:51:59 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GPB IRC Channel

Started by RiccoChicco, February 11, 2014, 09:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiccoChicco

February 11, 2014, 09:38:32 AM Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:14:40 AM by RiccoChicco
It has been a long time since most of you asked for something to organize "on the go" sessions. Here we are!

You can find it on your favorite IRC client, on Freenode server :  #gp-bikes

For "IRC noobs", don't worry :

- Go to Freenode connection page
- Choose your nickname
- Enter "#gp-bikes" (without quotes) on the "Channels" field
- Complete the captcha
- Connect!

Ricco

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

Arvoss

I'm afraid no one will use this... I really want a chat, but most of guys will probably be too lazy to connect :P I hope PiBoSo will implement a chat on the forum soon.

HornetMaX

Have to agree that a chat integrated in the forum would be miles better.
Not sure how easy it is to put it in place on top of SMF though.

MaX.

RiccoChicco

It's not possible ATM, because of forum software version  :-[

Hawk

I've nothing against a chat facility in the forum, with one exception.
Quite often there is important/useful information that is posted during community posts; with a chat facility surely there would be a great danger of good important/useful information being lost instead of posted were everyone can have the chance to read the latest posts?

I hope you understand what I mean? :)

Reactive

Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

JamoZ

Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 12, 2014, 10:01:05 AM
I've nothing against a chat facility in the forum, with one exception.
Quite often there is important/useful information that is posted during community posts; with a chat facility surely there would be a great danger of good important/useful information being lost instead of posted were everyone can have the chance to read the latest posts?

I hope you understand what I mean? :)

A chat is more of a hangout, to see who`s online and organize a race or help people uit quickly with minor problems. I have quite a few people on here on steam, but there are also people i do not have on there and who i would like to race with if they`re online. A chat would be perfect to get some people in 1 server.....